Can't type text in my composite shot

I've made 2 composite shots so far in my film.  On my 3rd composite shot, I made a motion tracker, and then added a new layer (text). When I go to the Text option and then click on the screen, the box pops up but I can't type in text for some reason.  I had no trouble on the other 2 composite shots doing it.

Composite shot only consist of:

1. Text Layer

2. Video mp4 layer

I'm in the Viewer tab trying to add the text.  I can click the text layer and my mouse (inside the box that was created) turns into the ][ like it's going to type text, but nothing types.

I've deleted it and tried over and over and it never works for this composite shot.

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

The text tool in Hitfilm has a couple of quirks...

First thing that comes to mind--had you made large text and are now making small text? Hitfilm might still think the text is set to a size too big to see. Try tying, then hitting CTRL+A and changing the font size to a lower number like 14.

If my wild guess is correct your text will show up. 

• Maybe
    the text color is set to transparent with no outline, or
    the font you use is not supported in Hitfilm, like Apple Color Emoji, or
    the font size is too big, or
    the text color is same as the video, like black text positioned on the black letterbox, or
    the text layer is not set to visible (eye symbol)
    Hope this helps

• @triem23 ; Ding Ding Ding!!!

Wow... that was beyond frustrating!  Hahaha

It actually took quite a bit of back and forth to get it selected as the Ctrl A wasn't catching for some reason, but I did see the text was set to around 333.  When reduced, it showed up just as you said.

Thanks for the comments!!!!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Well, I'd had the same issue this week, so t'was fresh in my brain. It's nice when it's an easy fix for a problem. :) 

• @Triem23

Yeah, everybody has that issue from time to time...

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment