super jedi jump using masks

hey everyone, here is my latest video 'Charlie "bites" #3' i used a 3d bullet clip in the middle, and made the guy jump at the end useing a bunch of masks, it took ages!
so watch, and hopefully enjoy :D
http://youtu.be/WR92Gz9JmeY
rate, comment, subscribe, and give me feed back!
thanks! :))

Comments

• wow, that jump looked nice!
  • Thanks, ya got any ideas for future videos? ;)
  • unfortunately no, I always struggle with that myself... :D I'm just glad I'm currently working on kind of a big project, so I don't have to worry about finding other ideas yet.
  • Is it a legomation project? How long ya recon it will be, 5mins, 10mins, 30? Or even a feature length one, (that'd take years lol)
    Good luck!
  • how did u do the bullet?

With my awesomeness, lol, joke... I downloaded a 3d bullet on a chroma key background and re sized and positioned it, (it was a clip on YouTube) so the footage was 2d, but of a 3d bullet :))

• Is it a legomation project? How long ya recon it will be, 5mins, 10mins, 30? Or even a feature length one, (that'd take years lol)
    Good luck!

Yup, it'll be a "legomation project", or a Brickfilm as I like to call it, as this is the kind of media I'm most interested in and have most fun to make. I have no idea how long it will be, I think if I end up somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes that's already pretty good! :D

• Yup, it'll be a "legomation project", or a Brickfilm as I like to call it, as this is the kind of media I'm most interested in and have most fun to make. I have no idea how long it will be, I think if I end up somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes that's already pretty good! :D

Awesome, I'd love to make a video that is 10mins long, but I don't have the time, I'd also like to have some better stock footage/effects at the ready (I can't afford to buy extra footage at the moment (for fxhome visionlab studio)) so I gotta make some my self lol ;)
    Good luck!

• Awesome, I'd love to make a video that is 10mins long, but I don't have the time, I'd also like to have some better stock footage/effects at the ready (I can't afford to buy extra footage at the moment (for fxhome visionlab studio)) so I gotta make some my self lol ;)
    Good luck!

Well, if I'd put out videos as fast as you do I certainly also had no time for making longer ones... :D
    I almost exclusively focus on longer Brickfilms, but therefore only post videos about maybe twice a year or so...
    Thanks! :)

• Well, if I'd put out videos as fast as you do I certainly also had no time for making longer ones... :D
    I almost exclusively focus on longer Brickfilms, but therefore only post videos about maybe twice a year or so...
    Thanks! :)

Yeah, I only do quick ones coz I don't have the time to do longer ones, because if I leave it for a bit the set will probably end up getting recked or something, so I do quick ones, also quick ones allow you to get better at stop motion (they are short, so if there is a mistake it doesn't matter as much, and you can make a new one with that mistake fixed, and made even bett than normal) :D like in my latest one charlie #4 the punch doesn't feel weighty enough, and the throw of the light sabre is a bit weak, so next time I will make those things better if I use them again ;)

• Yeah, I only do quick ones coz I don't have the time to do longer ones, because if I leave it for a bit the set will probably end up getting recked or something, so I do quick ones, also quick ones allow you to get better at stop motion (they are short, so if there is a mistake it doesn't matter as much, and you can make a new one with that mistake fixed, and made even bett than normal) :D like in my latest one charlie #4 the punch doesn't feel weighty enough, and the throw of the light sabre is a bit weak, so next time I will make those things better if I use them again ;)

Good point, but I think I still do just as much animation and therefore learn as much as you do, but just in one bigger project... But you're right about handling errors, as I'm kind of a perfectionist I redo every scene I'm not satisfied with, which results in consuming more time... :D

• Good point, but I think I still do just as much animation and therefore learn as much as you do, but just in one bigger project... But you're right about handling errors, as I'm kind of a perfectionist I redo every scene I'm not satisfied with, which results in consuming more time... :D

Oh yeah, I forgot about redoing scenes and what not, then yeah, it's the same :) I might make a film, but I will have to buy a bigger set, how big is ur set?
  • edited October 2011

Oh yeah, I forgot about redoing scenes and what not, then yeah, it's the same :) I might make a film, but I will have to buy a bigger set, how big is ur set?

That really depends on the scene I'm doing. Usually I use a few baseplates and build on top of them, just as much as I need to. You can take a look at my sets here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hikaru755/sets/72157626552748474/
    EDIT: Oooooooh, shiny widget thingy! :D

• That really depends on the scene I'm doing. Usually I use a few baseplates and build on top of them, just as much as I need to. You can take a look at my sets here:
    EDIT: Oooooooh, shiny widget thingy! :D

Awesome, what type of canon do you use, I have one, but I prefer to use a camcorder because they can be positioned into harder to reach places, also my computer can't run hd to well, but I will try it for my next video!
    I like the sets, like the person Keshen on YouTube has mad sets, they are unbelievably huge, especially his "road block" set! Lol

• Awesome, what type of canon do you use, I have one, but I prefer to use a camcorder because they can be positioned into harder to reach places, also my computer can't run hd to well, but I will try it for my next video!
    I like the sets, like the person Keshen on YouTube has mad sets, they are unbelievably huge, especially his "road block" set! Lol

I use a Canon EOS 400D. Nice camera, though it unfortunately cannot send livestream to the PC. Still a great camera, as it works really well with Dragon Stop Motion, which I use to capture frames! If you have access to a DSLR, definitely try it out, the quality is astonishing!
    I know, but until now the small sets all fit my needs. I'm also mostly trying to script my films so that I can have relatively small sets :D

• I use a Canon EOS 400D. Nice camera, though it unfortunately cannot send livestream to the PC. Still a great camera, as it works really well with Dragon Stop Motion, which I use to capture frames! If you have access to a DSLR, definitely try it out, the quality is astonishing!
    I know, but until now the small sets all fit my needs. I'm also mostly trying to script my films so that I can have relatively small sets :D

I use windows movie maker to stitch my photos together, and to add sounds/music.
    I also kinda script my videos, mainly story boarding them, but for my next video I drew a set and annotated it :D
    How many videos do you have on YouTube,

• I use windows movie maker to stitch my photos together, and to add sounds/music.
    I also kinda script my videos, mainly story boarding them, but for my next video I drew a set and annotated it :D
    How many videos do you have on YouTube,

Uh, Windows Movie Maker is such a pain... Why don't you just use HitFilm?
    I have 3 Major Brickfilms, and some other videos... Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/RRPictureProductions

• Uh, Windows Movie Maker is such a pain... Why don't you just use HitFilm?
    I have 3 Major Brickfilms, and some other videos... Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/RRPictureProductions

Haha lol, I can't use hitfilm my computer can't run it so I use the older verse if hitfilm .. Fxhome visionlab, are ur how long ur films? I am on the YouTube app on ur channel and it says u have 9 videos

• Haha lol, I can't use hitfilm my computer can't run it so I use the older verse if hitfilm .. Fxhome visionlab, are ur how long ur films? I am on the YouTube app on ur channel and it says u have 9 videos

Oh okay... Well visionlab is great too, I actually used it for quite some time and am still using it occasionally!
    Yeah I have 9 videos, but only three of them can be called Brickfilm. The other ones are just short animations ;)

• Oh okay... Well visionlab is great too, I actually used it for quite some time and am still using it occasionally!
    Yeah I have 9 videos, but only three of them can be called Brickfilm. The other ones are just short animations ;)

I have about 3 times more vids and 5 times less subs than you! Haha how do you get so many subscribers lol :P

• I have about 3 times more vids and 5 times less subs than you! Haha how do you get so many subscribers lol :P

As I said, I focus on longer videos and am kind of a perfectionist. That's all I can say :D

• As I said, I focus on longer videos and am kind of a perfectionist. That's all I can say :D

Haha cool, I'll try to do some of that lol, :))
  • What type of lights do u recon I should use for even lighting (I don't have too much space, but I have a shelf above my set for clip on lights :))

• What type of lights do u recon I should use for even lighting (I don't have too much space, but I have a shelf above my set for clip on lights :))

Well, I use three very normal lamps with daylight colored lightbulbs. The only thing you have to take care of is that the color is the same at every lamp, everything alse can be corrected afterwards in post production.

• Well, I use three very normal lamps with daylight colored lightbulbs. The only thing you have to take care of is that the color is the same at every lamp, everything alse can be corrected afterwards in post production.

That's good! I think I will try and make a rig to hold paper in front of it to give it a soft light to! I'll probably place it above the set so it is evenly distributed, and then have one more light in the usual position, because if I have too many my cameras exposure messes up, so I have to wait a few seconds for it to correct itself, but that time adds up!! :))
  • Nice Froi ! ( for the video )

I know i'm late... lol

• Nice Froi ! ( for the video )

I know i'm late... lol

Come to join the long convocation :D !?

Here is the clip (it might be in the wrong format because this is the web address for the mobile site of YouTube...
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=PC7Yic49Yf4

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment