3d lasers and effects

i want to make a rock band style film, so i need use laser/neon effects for the bars that go down which you have to hit to score points, but i dont know how to do it, do i do it in 3d or 2d.
here is the trailer for it:
http://youtu.be/4nQDhnLwBFA
so should i do a rock band like freddiew's future rock band (style vid with 3d lasers/ neaon effects) or should i just make my own tv stlye one where you see the neon effects sliding down some frets, like in the video game?!
thanks

Comments

• First of all, great video again. It's really cool to see how you're overall quality improves with each video. I love the angles and just-off-camera lens flare's in this one, they really enhance the shots!
    Secondly, the effect: I think if you just had a simple color illustration of the frets and notes on solid black, change blend to screen, add a neon glow and then make the layer 3D you could pull this off. The one thing thats still missing is the illustration of the frets and things, but I bet you could do that with paint- or maybe even legos!
    Anyway, good luck- I think its a great idea and I can't wait to see it!

• First of all, great video again. It's really cool to see how you're overall quality improves with each video. I love the angles and just-off-camera lens flare's in this one, they really enhance the shots!
    Secondly, the effect: I think if you just had a simple color illustration of the frets and notes on solid black, change blend to screen, add a neon glow and then make the layer 3D you could pull this off. The one thing thats still missing is the illustration of the frets and things, but I bet you could do that with paint- or maybe even legos!
    Anyway, good luck- I think its a great idea and I can't wait to see it!

Thanks, and thanks for the advice, I shall give it a go, and if it doesn't work, I will make a Lego guitar neck, and have neon strips float down it, then shrink that video and placenit on a Lego tv whilst the Lego people play their game :D

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment