Upgrade Standard to Ultimate

Sorry, if this has been answered before, but searched on the forums and could not find a definite answer. If I purchase the standard edition, can I upgrade to the Ultimate edition later?
Thanks,
Todd

Comments

• Last I heard they don't currently have an upgrade option, I'm sure they will soon if they don't already.
  • edited October 2011
    I would assume so. Ultimate isn't a completely separate program, it just has a lot more awesome features :D I think FXhome will emulate the system they did with Effectslab and Compositelab updraging to Visionlab Studio. Better wait for one of the officials to confirm.

• I would assume so. Ultimate isn't a completely separate program, it just has a lot more awesome features :D I think FXhome will emulate the system they did with Effectslab and Compositelab updraging to Visionlab Studio. Better wait for one of the officials to confirm.

Yes, I currently use Premiere Pro 5.0, have an old copy of After Effects and am seriously looking at changing to Hit Film. Did not change before because you had to have all the different components to get essentially the same software I already have. I think the price for Ultimate is a good deal, but if I only need the standard edition I would purchase it. Be nice to have an option to pay the difference say within 12 months and upgrade to Ultimate if I found that the standard edition did not meet my needs.
    Todd
  • edited October 2011
    There will indeed be an upgrade option being implemented soon, although we don't have it in place quite yet. Those bits of the site should be finished soon though. Keep in mind that the upgrade cost will probably be slightly more than the exact price difference between the Standard and Ultimate versions, because it has to cover the expenses of handling two transactions. Not a huge amount more, but a bit.

• There will indeed be an upgrade option being implemented soon, although we don't have it in place quite yet. Those bits of the site should be finished soon though. Keep in mind that the upgrade cost will probably be slightly more than the exact price difference between the Standard and Ultimate versions, because it has to cover the expenses of handling two transactions. Not a huge amount more, but a bit.

That's awsome Axel, would give me a chance to get to learn standard and determine if I actually need to upgrade to the ultimate version. Most likely ultimate is where I am wanting to go. The more tutorials I see, the more impressed I am with the integrated software package. Now I just have to play around with the demo, keep up the good work...
    Todd
  • Glad to read there will be an upgrade path!
    Duff
  • This should be available in November, so not long to wait now!
  • Hey guys, just a quick note to say we've added this now, you can Upgrade from HitFilm Standard to HitFilm Ultimate or HitFilm Ultimate Studio (for more information, see the updated product pages).
  • Looks like there is no option to upgrade or to see what an upgrade from Ultimate to Studio would cost just says no products are registered that are eligible for upgrade

• Looks like there is no option to upgrade or to see what an upgrade from Ultimate to Studio would cost just says no products are registered that are eligible for upgrade

That's correct, we don't offer upgrades from Ultimate -> Ultimate Studio. Upgrades available are:
    [list]
    [*]Standard -> Ultimate
    [*]Standard -> Ultimate Studio
    [/list]

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment