Steve Jobs - 1955-2011

Yesterday the world lost a great spokesperson and phenom of the tech world, Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
Though I was never the biggest fan of his methods or he himself, I appreciate the impact he had on society- and it's frankly somewhat saddening to not already see a thread about him on here. Never would've happened on FXhome.
But hey, rest in peace.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I only come on here maybe a week at a time for latest updates/posts etc as it's not as busy as fxhome was, but like you I'm surprised there's not already a post on here before yours.
    What a huge impact this guy has made on life, love him or hate him theres no avoiding that fact. A great inspiration in terms of accomplishments and his presentations weren't too shabby either!
    I read somewhere "what greater compliment is there than people reading the news of your passing on a device you created", or something along those lines and I agree wholheartedly.
    It's always tragic when someone passes before their time and it always makes me think about what I'm doing and accomplishing at that moment I hear of such news, knowing that life can be so short, although I know that nothing I could do will come close to his accomplishments.
    R.I.P Mr Jobs
  • "Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."
  • This is a sad thing to hear about. He definitely did a lot for making today what it is. A man who will surely be missed.
  • Really sad
    He wasn't just a Informatics genius but he also bought and developed Pixar Company !thanks to him that the company has become what it's today
    RIP...
  • Don't waste time living someone else's life, listen to your inner voice and heart as they know what you are destined for. A true icon Steve is, and we'll continue to use his creative and life transforming inventions to fulfill our own destiny.
    We'll see you on the other side when our time comes Steve, until then, have your well earned rest.
  • edited October 2011
    Possibly a huge dick, but an electronics legend. The first computer I had was a Macintosh SE way back in the late 80s. I remember thinking it was incredible that I could make a text file with a bunch of stuff that's funny to a five year old, save it, turn the computer off, and when it came back on, the file was still there.
    I graduated from high school the year the original iPod was released, and no one I knew could afford one, and even if you could, it was still mostly a novelty. Today, the iPhone 4s can sell one million units in a single day. Pretty safe to say that Jobs changed the way people view electronics. It'll be interesting to see how much his influence remains in the coming years.
    Edit: iPhone 4s sold 4 million units in one weekend. That is insane.

• The first computer I had was a Macintosh SE way back in the late 80s.

Same! It ran system 5 and I used it to make HyperCard stacks ;)
    Everyone else had a 386 and would regard the graphical interface with disdain. The Mac wasn't a real computer. Then Windows came out and everyone was suddenly gushing over this 'new innovation' :dry:
    Wouldn't have liked to worked for the man but he pushed things forward. Just look at what computer interfaces were like before the Mac or what phones were like before the iPhone.
    RIP

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment