YAY Just Installed Hit Film Ultimate !!!

I purchased HFU a while back... then discovered my computer wasn't beefy enough to run it ( teach me not to read system requirements) So anyway, just finished building a new computer specifically to run HFU, got it installed and in minutes was playing with the effects and editing. This is def going to be my work horse editor and FX program from now on.

Comments

• That's good to hear! We hope you enjoy using HitFilm and look forward to seeing your movies. :)
  • Thats great news! Whats the spec of PC you built?
  • Congrats, MasterWolf! I wonder why I didn't think of going that route. Oh yeah, I can't build computers :P but a buddy of mine can. I dropped $1333 @ Dell for a laptop that can run HF Ultimate. How much did it cost to build a computer? Just curious. I may go that route for a desk top.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with video wise!

• Thats great news! Whats the spec of PC you built?

AMD Phenom II 6 core CPU, 4 gig of ram for now, next month I will max it out to 16 gig of ram (had other bills to pay this month ), GeForce 9800 GT vid card, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS
  • edited October 2011

Congrats, MasterWolf! I wonder why I didn't think of going that route. Oh yeah, I can't build computers :P but a buddy of mine can. I dropped $1333 @ Dell for a laptop that can run HF Ultimate. How much did it cost to build a computer? Just curious. I may go that route for a desk top.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with video wise!

Actually I was surprised, this build was actually pretty cheap, I managed to watch for deals and discounts. Built the new machine for right around $700, but to be fair, i had a lot of parts already, I already had a tower, DVD rom, sound card etc, I just got a new MOBO, Vid card, CPU and ram, oh and the Os and some fans, the old case fans were pretty old, so i put in new ones.
    Still a few things i need to get yet, but the basic rig is up and running. I am so tempted to put a Larson Scanner in an empty drive bay, it serves no purpose, i just think it would look kool
  • Great news MasterWolf! I am using a Dell XPS laptop with Intel Core Duo 3Ghz, 6GB of ram and an AMD Radeon 5670 and Hitfilm is not really smooth but it survives :) Your PC must be able to run some great HD footage on the fly in conjunction with tons of 3D effects! Keep all of us posted as, if I can speak for all of us, are looking forward to seeing what you can do with this amazing program!
  • Well its been a crazy month. I had a lot of non-video projects to do. In addition to film making and animation, I am also a graphic artist. October is always a huge month for me, lots of deadlines and projects. So while the new machine was up and running and hit film was installed, I had no time to install any of my other programs or transfer any files over etc. So for the last month I have been forced to work on my old computer while the new one just sat there. But now most of my projects are completed and turned in and I finally have time to work on the new monster. Just installed the latest version of Zbrush, Vue 9, and a few other programs. Still some more to do, hoping to get it all done this week. On the bright side I have found a little time to sit down and play with HitFilm yayyyy!!! So far I haven't read any of the documentation, I've kinda glanced at a couple of the tutorial videos but in no time flat i've managed to figure out quite a bit just by intuition. It seems to be incredibly easy to learn if you have any experience with editing video at all. Up till now my main video editor has been Sony Vegas, after playing around in HitFilm for a couple hours I'm thinking Vegas will never get installed on this machine. There are so many things I always wished I could do, and now I can. Hopefully I can get something done to show before the end of the month. So far I am really happy with the program.
  • edited November 2011

Well its been a crazy month. I had a lot of non-video projects to do. In addition to film making and animation, I am also a graphic artist. October is always a huge month for me, lots of deadlines and projects. So while the new machine was up and running and hit film was installed, I had no time to install any of my other programs or transfer any files over etc. So for the last month I have been forced to work on my old computer while the new one just sat there. But now most of my projects are completed and turned in and I finally have time to work on the new monster. Just installed the latest version of Zbrush, Vue 9, and a few other programs. Still some more to do, hoping to get it all done this week. On the bright side I have found a little time to sit down and play with HitFilm yayyyy!!! So far I haven't read any of the documentation, I've kinda glanced at a couple of the tutorial videos but in no time flat i've managed to figure out quite a bit just by intuition. It seems to be incredibly easy to learn if you have any experience with editing video at all. Up till now my main video editor has been Sony Vegas, after playing around in HitFilm for a couple hours I'm thinking Vegas will never get installed on this machine. There are so many things I always wished I could do, and now I can. Hopefully I can get something done to show before the end of the month. So far I am really happy with the program.

Nice to see another Vue user here on the forums! Vue 9 is awesome. Upgraded mine from version 7 earlier in the year and haven't looked back.
  • I won Vue9 Esprit in a contest a couple months ago, I also won Zbrush in an art contest, I won Carrara 8 pro, Bryce 7 Pro, Poser 8, Poser Pro 2010, Filter Forge, ... I win a lot of contests. Last year I took first place in 30 contests for digital art, and 1 for photo editing, and 1 Animation contest ( first one I ever entered ). My contest wins have been a big help being a low budget film maker. Its given me a lot of tools not available to others. I've been very lucky.
  • edited November 2011
    That's really cool, MasterWolf. DO you have your winning submission to various contests compiled somewhere in a gallery that we could look at? Also, its great to hear that you have been finding HitFilm fairly intuitive and easy to learn. A lot of work went into the interface and trying to make things as clear and simple as possible, while still offering a lot of power as afar as making adjustments. Obviously it will be easier for some than others,, based on the individual and their previous experience with video, but its great to hear you were able to pick it up fairly quickly. Rest assured though, as you continue to dig into the softare, you'll find there are still lots of features to learn about, with more continually being added.
  • Yeah, I do have a gallery online but unfortunately the site that hosts it got hacked and its currently down for maintenance. As soon as its back up I can provide a link.
    Just got done adding more ram and a few other components to the new system, haven't fired it up yet. I'm really glad I invested in a full tower, its getting crowded in there lol
  • It just occurred to me that having a background in 3D art and video editing, might be why HitFilm seems so easy to pick up. HitFilm feels very comfortable, its like a 3D ap and video editor merged.
    Also, I got FX Lab like a year ago. As much as I loved it, I was always thinking I wish it could do this or that, now HitFilm does everything I wished FX Lab could do and more.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment