Effects shot

Here is my entry for the recent effects shot that Hitfilm just ran.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZR030vYZo
I had a rendering issue (kept crashing at frame 170) on my laptop, so I ended up rendering it out at low res on another computer with the demo version.
I still don't know why I was having that issue, though I suspect it has to do with the beginning of the explosion and my wimpy graphics card. I did find out that I could export the current frame in 720p. So I rendered an image sequence. When it crashed at frame 170, I reloaded the project and exported each frame individually for the remainder of the animation (sure glad there weren't THAT many more frames).

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Love the look of this, well done.
  • Nice work! If you get any more crashes while using HitFilm please send the error reports to us so that we can fix the problem. Also, it's always a good idea to make sure your video card driver is up-to-date.
  • edited October 2011

Nice work! If you get any more crashes while using HitFilm please send the error reports to us so that we can fix the problem. Also, it's always a good idea to make sure your video card driver is up-to-date.

Hendo,
    I did let Hitfilm generate a couple error reports that were sent your way when it crashed. My main issue is that I'm limping along with a Geforce Go 7600 until I get my new laptop after the first of the year. My old laptop barely met the original Hitfilm specs before the minimum 9800 was specified. The new laptop will have an Nvidia GTX 560M Graphics with 3GB GDDR5, so I think I'll be able to do a lot more than I can now.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment