Naruto Shippuden: Dreamers Fight -- Part One

CX3CX3
edited September 2011 in Filmmaking
Hey guys,
I know this shouldn't be my first post here (seeing as how I've been a long time member of FXHome before these guys went off to become the awesome company that they are!) But my team and I have been super busy as of late. We just finished our latest project titled Naruto Shippuden: Dreamers Fight. We've been planning and working on this project for about a year and a half now. It was shot back in April/May of this year and we've been editing and fine tuning since (all while working on other original projects that have yet to be released).
But I just wanted to follow up with some of you on how the project came out (I know a few of you here knew of the project while back on the FXHome forums). For a live action adaptation, it's getting a great overall reception which I can say is a first... Ever... With fans of Anime. Being a big fan of the genre myself, we have been burned my major studios time and time again - So our team wanted to truthfully portray the source material, these characters and their world (as best as we could with very little money). And we've been incredibly humbled by the response.
Anyways, enough of me talking. I hope you all enjoy our short film! :)
-Chris
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAl2DWNukbs

http://www.thousandpoundsaction.com
http://www.facebook.com/ThousandPoundsActionCompany

Comments

• Looks great man, I have to admit. Fantastic job- and good to see ya around these parts. ;)
  • As always - I think you guys do great live action adaptations.
  • Simply great guys! I really enjoyed that and am telling others about it. :D You will be rich and famous one day...Great work!
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited September 2011
    CX3 HAS ARRIVED!
    Great stuff. I'm not at all familiar with Naruto, so the story and world elements went completely over my head, but it looks lovely and the fight choreography and camerawork is top notch. I love that it's all subtitled, as well - even being unfamiliar with Naruto, that helped to suck me in.
    Hurry up with part two! :)
  • Can't wait to see part 2 and welcome to HitFilm Chris. :D
  • Simply amazing! Everything was fantastic; the choreography, the acting, the camera work, and the effects were all superb! The best effect had to be the shadow clones; how did you manage to make them fight with Rock Lee and stay in place when the camera was moving so much?
    Can't wait for part two!
  • Ha, yes, this is insane. Give me part 2.
  • While I have no frame of reference from the anime, I have to say this was OUTSTANDING! Kudos to your cast and crew and best of luck in your ventures. Keep doing stuff like this and it WILL pay off! B-)
  • CX3CX3
    edited September 2011
    Hey many thanks everyone for taking the time to check it out! As for the clones, aside from the composite shots, we had two other double for Naruto to help the choreography flow better. Part two will not be fun to edit... haha
    And thanks for the welcome - Glad to be here! ... Again... Uh... You know what I mean :)

• CX3 HAS ARRIVED!
    Great stuff. I'm not at all familiar with Naruto, so the story and world elements went completely over my head, but it looks lovely and the fight choreography and camerawork is top notch. I love that it's all subtitled, as well - even being unfamiliar with Naruto, that helped to suck me in.
    Hurry up with part two! :)

My feelings exactly
  • Very well done!! Enjoyed it! :)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment