How to become a zombie

edited January 2012 in Filmmaking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJG465P-iBo
Hey guys here is a little tutorial of how to make an actor look like a Zombie. Good for zombie videos or just to have some fun around Halloween. Enjoy it guys.

Comments

• the glue is not to hard to pull off ?
  • Awesome, I gunna do a zombie film (but stop motion) lol

• the glue is not to hard to pull off ?

No the glue isnt really that hard to pull off. When taking it off just be careful and take it off slowly if you want to use it again. If you use the latex then its gonna be harder to pull off. The major thing that we forgot to put in the video is that if you do this try not to do it on a body part that is really hairy because then it will hurt when taken off.
    Also if you plan on using them again we would recommend using the latex the glue works fine you just have to add a little water after you take it off to get it right again. But the latex is good to go whenever you need to put it back on, just add a little more latex to make it stay on.
  • Nice tutorial DTV.
    About a year ago there was a Zombie Flashmob here in Norwich of about 50 students (and some FXhome/HitFilm staffers!) rampaging along the city streets.
    If I remember rightly, some of the better prosthetics there were made using plasters (band-aids) as the base layer - easy to stick to skin, skin-coloured already and have some depth already. Your method looks a little more refined though :)
  • edited September 2011
    Great tutorial DearTelevision! The finished prosthetic looked really good.

About a year ago there was a Zombie Flashmob here in Norwich of about 50 students (and some FXhome/HitFilm staffers!) rampaging along the city streets.
    If I remember rightly, some of the better prosthetics there were made using plasters (band-aids) as the base layer - easy to stick to skin, skin-coloured already and have some depth already. Your method looks a little more refined though :)

I love that video- my fav bit was the look of sheer terror on that old ladies face at about 0.33 when she whizzes past the zombies. Funnily enough i just saw a poster in town today for a zombie flash mob in derby soon.Might check it out!
    Also about the plasters prosthetics- i remember about 10-12 years ago when i made some cuts and boils out of plasters and papier mache after seeing it on Art attack. Great show that. I also made a frog out of Mcdonald fries boxes. Great excuse to go to Mcdonalds!
  • DTV- Thanks for the tutorial! I can see how this technique could work for wounds on non-zombies too. Just don't add the black for the rotting skin. Way cool!
  • Hey thanks for all the comments. Here is a link to our facebook page we have some more pictures of better ones done by our make-up girl under the pre-production album.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/DearTelevision/235024239878672

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment