My Contest Entries

edited September 2011 in Filmmaking
http://youtu.be/H6ez9mRD2V8
Entry 1 is the "Scorpion" Scene from Predator.
http://youtu.be/EzN_LpjooGk
Entry 2 is the "Want some candy" Scene from Predator 2.
Hope you like them, My children and I had a fun time making them.

Comments

• Hello Brian, i've just watched the scorpion scene and was really impressed. I'm having a bit of trouble watching the second one but the first was really good! The claw going across the screen and grabbing the scorpion is so reminiscent of the film and captures well the shock of seeing the alien 'in the flesh' for the first time. I haven't watched predator in a long while but from my memory this is a really close replica.Well done on these- best of luck in the contest!
    Sam
    p.s- i like your avatar pic- is this for a project you've done/doing?
  • Sorry about the 2nd video not working... You can try going to http://www.YouTube.com/avman32107 and check my videos. It's the want some candy scene. As for the Avatar photo, I do WWII reenacting. I'm part of the 26th infantry division. Http://www.26yd.com In the 2nd video I wear Darth Vaders Chest and shoulders, you can see it in my Breakdown video on my YouTube channel. I have a Vader and Stormtrooper costume aswell as my Predator costume. I got big into costuming and reenacting, now I'm trying my hand at VFX. Can make some great videos mixing my two hobbies...
  • Anyone in the Newengland area there is a great WWII weekend in October 8 & 9 in Stow, MA. Large scale battles twice a day. Aircraft, trucks, tanks, 88's and infantry all fighting for control of an airstrip. Lots of fun, good action and pyrotechnics... Good oportunity to get some stock footage of WWII equipment and battles... Or footage to mess around with in HitFilm!

• As for the Avatar photo, I do WWII reenacting. I'm part of the 26th infantry division. Http://www.26yd.com In the 2nd video I wear Darth Vaders Chest and shoulders, you can see it in my Breakdown video on my YouTube channel. I have a Vader and Stormtrooper costume aswell as my Predator costume. I got big into costuming and reenacting, now I'm trying my hand at VFX. Can make some great videos mixing my two hobbies...

Wow! I know quite a few people who are into re-enactment and they always have a lot of fun, they're mainly smelly vikings and used to make campfire in the backgarden. I also know someone who does 101st airborne re-enactment here in Britain and the level of detail is astonishing. It looks a really great hobby but incredibly expensive i suppose?
  • Its an up front cost... You buy the uniform and gun, then that is pretty much all you end up paying... So once you have what you need your done. But yes that initial cost is a lot.
  • I really like both your videos. There is a fantastic attention to detail there. I look forward to seeing what else you use hitfilm for.
  • edited September 2011
    These gave me chills! Excellent job! The 'want some candy' was particularly creepy. Three thumbs up!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment