My new film -The Fight Inside-

Hello,
I entered the Jedi Council Forum's 9th Lightsaber Choreography Contest. Our entry got 2nd place.

http://vimeo.com/29027422
Bloopers
http://vimeo.com/29128661

Comments

• Really good work!
    High quality effects and good acting.
  • Very cool! Had a great look and style. I liked that you didn't try to make it Star Warsy, made it far more interesting. I've been wanting to see somebody do a decent light whip for ages - did you roto over a real whip, or was the whole thing CG?
    Also excellent sound work - held the whole thing together very nicely.
  • This was well done - I agree with Simon - The whip was very cool.
  • There's a limited number of ways to say it but.....the whip was very cool! Good job, DX6channel! And congrats to your cast and crew! B-)
  • Thanks a lot for the comments!
    The whip is all CGI; I made it in Blender 2.5 using an IK Spline.
  • The whip (near the beginning of it) seems I little unnatural to me, but I have never swung a whip around, (it looks like it is keeping it's shape when it should be looser, but I will check out whips now to see how wrong I am) I like it though!
  • Nice job there! Lightsabers and sfx looked real good! A lot work done there, doing all the lightsaber effects!
  • great job men ! lightsabers are really well ! :)
  • Cool, I like the evil guy better than vader! Where did you get the Sabers at??

• Cool, I like the evil guy better than vader! Where did you get the Sabers at??

I made the handles out of PVC pipe and bought the carbon fiber rods for the blades.

• I made the handles out of PVC pipe and bought the carbon fiber rods for the blades.

So, PVC plastic pipe for the handles?? What about the detail on them? Can you share the instructions on how to make one they look cool. Where did you get carbon fiber rods at? Thanks!

• Thanks a lot for the comments!
    The whip is all CGI; I made it in Blender 2.5 using an IK Spline.

Interesting! I'd assumed it was animated by hand, but the method you used is clever.
    I'm always surprised that a lightwhip didn't show up in the prequels at some point. :P
  • This was great! As everyone has mentioned the whip was awesome-it would have been cool to see it in action more though- maybe he disarms the good character by whipping the light whip round his sabre- just wishful thinking :D I especially like the choreography of the sword fights- i'm a big fan of realistic looking sword fights over hollywood style samurai/ fencing styles and yours worked really well with plenty of grappling, punching and generally trying to hurt/disarm your opponent rather than just connect each others swords. The lighting was also very good- the fight scene with the baddy in the garage looking location had a great contrast with the lighting and the brightness of the light sabres- it was a pleausre to watch.
    I'm just going to watch the bloopers now, thanks for sharing it with us! :D
    Sam

• So, PVC plastic pipe for the handles?? What about the detail on them? Can you share the instructions on how to make one they look cool. Where did you get carbon fiber rods at? Thanks!

They were pretty simple to build. Those rings you see in the pictures are just cut up pieces of a PVC part that connects 2 pipes together. I painted the sabers black and wrapped parts of them in silver tape. I got the blades at Sabershop.

This was great! As everyone has mentioned the whip was awesome-it would have been cool to see it in action more though- maybe he disarms the good character by whipping the light whip round his sabre- just wishful thinking :D
    Sam

I was planning to but the sequence turned out shorter then I thought it would; also the deadline was approaching fast and I didn't think I had time to do the effects.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment