Fracture - indie sci-fi short film

SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
edited September 2011 in Filmmaking
Here's a short sci-fi film that FXhome helped to produce. Some of the VFX shots were composited using HitFilm and they look rather nice if you ask me!
http://youtu.be/JyCzy7wh-uM
My little group It's A Trap helped to build the set and created the spacesuit - another great contribution from Nigel Clegg.

Comments

• Loved it! I think you should make a series and see if you can get it onto the tv, you should be able to because tv is so bad these days, and something like that, new, interesting, and good effects could really hit off! :))
  • good work! I thought Vision Lab was used with this film?? They dont even air doctor who in the states on the cable where I live :(
  • Really? Well in England, most of sky is full of tonnes of channels, and there are quite a few really bad programs which need replacing! Haha, and I can't believe doctor who isn't on where you are....but I have no idea what cable is like.... Is it like sky TV?
  • I thought that was fantastic . Had some great sound design work on it. I loved the sub base boom of the drill. Brilliant visuals and I quite liked the colour tone on it. Acting was very good. Overall I very much enjoyed the film. Great stuff :D
  • Loved the execution of this. Very professional level of work. I would love to have the money, crew and time to make something to this standard. I'm sure I won't win friends by saying I thought the story was a little predicatable but that didn't detract in any way from my enjoyment. Being right about a story early on can be just as satisfying as being totally fooled. Great work though and something for a lot of us to aspire to I think.
  • Quite impressive work! really cool to see such work! :)

• Really? Well in England, most of sky is full of tonnes of channels, and there are quite a few really bad programs which need replacing! Haha, and I can't believe doctor who isn't on where you are....but I have no idea what cable is like.... Is it like sky TV?

You can get Dish Network and Direct TV Satelite, that has the BBC, but the cable network I have does not carry that, so I'm out of luck then! I need to go to a satelite!! :) The programing for tv in the USA is a lot different, Like I like the British humor and I would say 80% of people in the states would not like it.. There are aobut 40 shows on tv here that are horrible. The cable here I have, has a lot of channels, like around 60, but most of them are not good!!
  • Yeah, I'm not to sure most Americans are fans of British humour.... Like the Simpsons, they Like to take the "mikky" :P lol
  • Really enjoyable short film. My favorite bit was the part was the sequence around the 9min mark.
    The characters all seemed rather loathsome but they were acted well. The suit looked great. Effects were ofcourse great. I think one of my next projects will be trying to recreate the opening shot of the base (around the 30 second mark)

• Yeah, I'm not to sure most Americans are fans of British humour.... Like the Simpsons, they Like to take the "mikky" :P lol

I like the British humore, cause things are funny! Now, the Simpons, Family guy, American Dad, The Cleavlend Show are very big here!! The Mikky! :P
  • Yeah, I love modern family and the stuff that is on sky one.... I don't know if you have that channel in usa

• good work! I thought Vision Lab was used with this film??

VisionLab wasn't used for Fracture but HitFilm was.
  • Great stuff, really enjoyed it, very inspiring! B-)
  • Curious as to what Camera this was shot on? Also, I can see a definite "Sunshine" influence here.
  • It was shot on an HVX-200 with a Redrock stuck on the front.
  • Its good to see this finally released and was well worth the wait.
    So when do you start working on the next film? :)

• Curious as to what Camera this was shot on? Also, I can see a definite "Sunshine" influence here.

Haha - funny you should say that - we actually watched Sunshine during the week of production :D

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment