HitFilm 3 Express is awesome!

This discussion was created from comments split from: Installed Hitfilm Express 3 - won't open - graphic card is up to date.

Comments

• I would like to throw in as to how awesome HitFilm is. I currently have HitFilm 3 Express (With the new 'Force Awakens' update. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!). My machine is

Yosemite MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

With RAM preview I can see my updated effects just fine. I am so happy that a 6yr old machine can do work with modern software. With the awesome tuts I will soon be Pro enough to by the Pro version. Thank you all at HitFilm for an awesome product at an awesome price. (I know I use the word awesome a lot.)

• edited December 2015

When I saw the kind of stuff Hitfilm could do, I just about peed.  I think I had the demo installed just long enough to make sure it would run on my machine before throwing my wallet at FXHome.

Now that I'm actually using it for realzies, it's really thrown the door wide open with regards to what I can do with my machinima projects.  I just wish I'd known about it years ago.

More specifically, I was using AVS4YOU for editing (it doesn't do compositing very well), which was well worth the price; I'd gotten it on sale for around $60 methinks; but the full license is about $50 less than Hitfilm and the difference in the capabilities of the two packages, especially for the price, is obscene.  Making the choice to upgrade was a no-brainer.

• Thanks for the nice comments, guys! :)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment