No Audio on Hitfilm 3 Pro Export

I have a problem with one project that will not export the audio (it only exports the video).  It does not seem to be a problem on any of my other projects, so it must be a setting in this project.  I have gone through everything I can think of (checked audio, etc...) and I cannot figure out why this one project exports with no audio.  I am directly exporting from the editor timeline, but when I tried exporting out of any comp it still has no audio.  I am exporting to H.264 with an ACC Codec and a bitrate of 192kbps.  The Export Audio is checked.  I tried to export only the audio (I unchecked the video), the resulting file won't play. I changed it to export to AVI and the sound works fine. Any ideas why it won't export the sound as well to the MP4?

Comments

• What format is the source audio in?

Can you get us some specs for your computer?
    CPU:
    Graphics Card:
    RAM: 

• Axel,

Thanks for your reply.  I have spent the past couple of days reconstructing the entire project from scratch.  As it turns out, the culprit is a 2 second composite shot that has a model, a phaser effect, and a picture of stars in the background.  For some reason, when I add that comp to the project, it kills all the audio for the whole project.  Very strange, I know.  My solution was to create a video clip from the comp and add that to the project instead.  Now my project works great.  Thanks for all of your support, and thanks for a great product in Hitfilm!

• senseihaynes - Whilst it's great that you have things up & running, we'd be very interested in looking at what was causing that issue? Any chance you could provide, composite shot or something that we could try & replicate the issue with?

• @Ady - If you think it would help, I am happy to send you the Composite Shot!  It is probably just my machine, GPU, or some other factor outside of the Hitfilm Software. ~Jay

• senseihaynes, Jay this is entirely your decision, if you can upload it somewhere that would be great but I do not wish to put you out. I'm just glad you are up & running now.

If you have any further issues or questions, please get back in touch.

Cheers,
    Ady

• My guess is that the composite shot has an associated audio track (even if it's basically silent), and that when you're adding it to the editor timeline that audio is overlaying on top of the audio you want to keep.

To avoid this, hold Alt when adding the composite shot to timeline and it'll only add the video part.

I could be wrong, though, as this should be visually evident when you add the comp.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment