Is the HitFilm Strikes Pack available to HF 4 Pro users?

Hi there, 

I upgraded to Hitfilm 4 Pro and shortly after,  my computer went into the shop for a minor upgrade.  I see that hifilm express has a limited pack available called The Empire Stikes Pack..  Is that available to HF4 users or do i have to buy it?  

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited December 2015

Those effects are already in Hitfilm 3 and 4 Pro!

Express, the free version, is unique in that you can expand it's ability via the Expansion Packs. Currently FxHome is offering a free update which adds lightswords and lightning.

The "Hitfilm Strikes Pack" is a power selection of Expansion Packs at a discounted rate. 

Pro actually contains everything in Express and ALL it's expansions, as well as a few exclusive effects, Boris, 4k workflow, and Open FX compatibility. 

My general advice would actually be, if you're willing to spend the money on the Strikes Pack, you should really bite the bullet and go Pro. The extra hundred dollars is well worth it for Boris, the new shader and workflow enhancements. 

[MOD edit: corrected a statement about the HitFilm 3 Express Special Edition contents.]

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited December 2015

Just to clarify, the HitFilm 3 Express Special Edition doesn't include the Sci-Fi Adventure Pack; it includes two specific effects from different packs - lightning and lightswords.

Also, the bundle pack that's available in the store is called the HitFilm Strikes Pack, not the Empire Strikes Pack. ;)

• Oops, better correct posts I made in other forums! 

• Hitfilm strikes pack...  Ops..  That's what i meant.  :)  i have  already upgraded but just haven't had a chance to use it.  

so,  just to clarify,   if i have hf 4 pro, which already has some of the effects available, but if i want the sci fi effects,  i can purchase the additional pack on the site?  

• Ok,  i re read the post,  looks like my hf4 pro already has the hitfilm strikes pack and or sci fi pack...  Thanks. 

• Yup- you're good to go!

Sign in to comment