Bad Movie Actors

Just like I'll watch a movie just because of an actor who's in it, I realize I'll also avoid some movies because of who stars in it. Some actors seem to only to crap movies, and as soon as I see their names in the credits I run away because I know the movie can't be good. What are some actors that just tell you guys to back off from watching a movie?
Some of mines are:
Steven Seagal (The king of crap movies)
Ving James (Only good movie he was in was MI:3)
Ron Perlman (I believed Conan could be a good movie till I saw him in the trailer)
50 Cent (Should stick to rapping)

Comments

• edited September 2011
    ---

• Ron Perlman (I believed Conan could be a good movie till I saw him in the trailer)

I would agree with you... but I like Hellboy 2 way to much!
  • Whoah whoah whoah - RON PERLMAN? Ron Perlman is amazing! Even in crap movies he's great.
    My main 'avoid' actor is Nicolas Cage, with a few exceptions (some of his early stuff and Kick Ass).
  • Ron Peralman is great. Now, now, now, Nick Cage is pretty good actor. No one say Keanu Reeves!! A Bad actor, is Chris Pine from Star Trek 2009. That guy should have never been casted for that movie!
  • Well I'm not talking about Perlman's acting skills as much as his movie choices; He doesn't seem to be in many 'serious' movies lately.
  • I have to agree, Ron Perlman is great. I'm not a Hellboy fan But loved him in enemy at the gates. He was also one of the few plus points of Alien:Resurrection.
    The Rock should be on that list for me.

• Whoah whoah whoah - RON PERLMAN? Ron Perlman is amazing! Even in crap movies he's great.
    My main 'avoid' actor is Nicolas Cage, with a few exceptions (some of his early stuff and Kick Ass).

Yes, nicolas cage has been in some insanely bad films, and dodgy films, like ghost bike, etc... He was good for national treasure I think, and okay in the knowing.... But that's about it
  • Ghost Bike Lol!
  • Rider... What ever, I forgot coz it's so bad
  • edited September 2011
    Money is money RodyPolis ^^
    when you become an actor if a Director have a job for you ( even for a "not so good movie" or not "serious" ) you need money you need to pay your meat your tax,rent ... Cinema is a really difficult word many times actors hadn't a second chance ! So they do with what they have ! ;)
    otherwise hoo pelerman is great ! :D

• Yes, nicolas cage has been in some insanely bad films, and dodgy films, like ghost bike, etc... He was good for national treasure I think, and okay in the knowing.... But that's about it

He was absolutely fantastic in Wild at Heart (well, that's a great movie anyways). Also great in Leaving Las Vegas. Both admittedly are not very recent though!
    Latest work of Adrian Brody I'm personally not impressed with. Admittedly, could well be more about the casting than with the acting as such. Tough man in Predators doesn't do it for me, neither the scientist in Splice. Of course the man can act (The Pianist), just odd choices lately.
  • How about John Saxon and Joe Esteves (Martin Sheen's brother)? If you needed a 'B' movie baddie back in the day, you usually looked one of these two up.
    I actually got to meet Joe once. He's a really nice guy. He's just stuck in his brother's shadow (and horrible movies!!!).
  • Jason Statham is the Worst Actor to date!!
  • One actor that I try to avoid is Tom Cruise. It's a shame he was in the Mission Impossible movies because I used to love the TV show and I refuse to see any Tom Cruise movies. The only reason I thought he was half way decent in "Rain Man" (now that's going back a ways) is because I think that was a natural role for him. Dustin Hoffman was great in that movie and made up for Cruise.
    Anything Snoop Dogg is in I try to avoid too.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment