HF3 Express frequently hangs/crashes on my Mac

I began using HF2 Express on a MacBook Pro, and now use HF3 Express on a Mac Mini (OSX 10.10.5, 2.6GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, Intel Iris 1536 MB).  While it has worked fine for the most part on both machines, it can't run for more than about 30 minutes without randomly hanging/crashing.  And yes, it's truly random. It never hangs/crashes while doing the same action.  Sometimes it's while scrubbing the timeline (editor or comp).  Other times it's while exporting a video.  Other times it's after I just click on some part of the UI.  Never the same trigger twice in a row.  I'm now in the habit of hitting Command-S to save my project about every 30 seconds because there's no telling when it'll decide that it's had enough.

Is there anything I can do to pinpoint the cause of this problem?  Am I the only one experiencing this?  I've looked through the forums, but don't see any other Mac users complaining of frequent crashes, so I'm guessing that mine is a unique case.  I'm just not sure what (if anything) I can do to fix the problem.

Comments

• jsbarrett - Could you contact support here please, the crash report would be very helpful so if you could attach that also it would be a big help.

• Will do, though most often it just hangs, and I have to force quit the application.  There's no crash report available.  If I get a report, though, I'll be sure to send it along.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment