camera

Hey, so I have been wanting to buy a camera for a while cause I really got nothing to film aside from my phone's camera :( I dont have $800 to spend on a t2i or t3i which from what I have read are the best consumer cameras you can get now, I got $400 and was looking at sony DSC-HX100 which is that price, it records in 1080p at 60fps and optical zoom is 30x, would you recommend, if not, any other/better camera I can get in the $400 price range?
thanks in advance.

Comments

• Well u can get Sony a33 which I am looking at getting, it shoots in hd and has a mic jack, or u could get a camcorder, I have seen some good panasonics, but if u get one, make sure it has a mic jack so u can plug a mic in! :))
  • thats the downside of DSC-HX100, no mic jack, I am gonna check the one you told me, thanks for answering.
  • More suggestions are welcomed, please.
  • edited September 2011
    I said ones I said it a thousand times :dry: . The thing with camera is that you get what you paid for. That's why. Your better off saving up to buy a good camera over then getting a charp camera.
    You have a budget of $400 now but if you save up enough you will have a budget around a $1000.
  • I got a 150.00 Cannon Camera that shoots in HD and out side it has one of the best pictures. I did a lot of reserach, well of course cannon makes the best cameras!!

• I said ones I said it a thousand times :dry: . The thing with camera is that you get what you paid for. That's why. Your better off saving up to buy a good camera over then getting a charp camera.
    You have a budget of $400 now but if you save up enough you will have a budget around a $1000.

It depends what age u r, if u r 13-17 I would save up for something round £400-£500 if I were 18+ I would save uo for something like one of sonys super handy cams that look like proper film cameras, and are round £1000-£2000
    However if you don't want to do film making and filming and photograph as a career I would go for something round £600 for 18+ (18 years old +)
    (that's my take any way)
    :D
  • I not agree with Froi producion ( for the first time 8-| )
    It not depends on your age, sure if u r 13 you will have a low budget but since 16y u can work in holiday ( i've already did it for 850euros ) and there is associations which give money to young to fund project ( cinema for exempl )
    If you seek you will find a way to have a good budget ( more than 1000$)

:)

• I not agree with Froi producion ( for the first time 8-| )
    It not depends on your age, sure if u r 13 you will have a low budget but since 16y u can work in holiday ( i've already did it for 850euros ) and there is associations which give money to young to fund project ( cinema for exempl )
    If you seek you will find a way to have a good budget ( more than 1000$)

:)

Yeah, u r right, I forgot about that @-) next year I will be out doing that, also, when u done a film u can go to (non chain) cinemas (like small one in ur town) and pay them to play ur film before they play a proper film, so people might like it and invest in you,
    (just an extra way of getting money somehow, havnt thought it through much coz I am tired)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment