Stop motion teaser

Thanks to HitFilm and the HitFilm crew I'm finally able to create the kind of puppet-based amusement that I've always wanted to! :D
Been trying to learn the software and develop the right skills so haven't bogged myself down too much in producing the cleanest of work but am pleased with the learning curve...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E42zNIT-Ivs

Comments

• Dude... That was really, really good :mellow: @-) How long have you been doing stopmotions?? And were the particle effects done in hitfilm or a different/similar FX program?
  • Thanks for the words of support - much appreciated.
    This is my first ever stop-motion attempt (I think the term "in at the deep end" does apply).
    Everything that's in there is from HitFilm - model is against a green screen and everything else is a photograph. :D
  • Its a great bit of work very original and haunting I look forward to seeing how it develops.
  • It is differnt from anything I saw... It is good! That would drive me nuts trying to do stop motion!!!!

• It is differnt from anything I saw... It is good! That would drive me nuts trying to do stop motion!!!!

It does!!! My Forum pic? That's how I actually look now!!! :D :D :D
  • That looked great! It was very impressive and hooked the viewer totally. Technically the stop-motion could have been smoother but the more experience you get the smoother and more natural the animation will become. It all worked together in the film anyway. I really enjoyed it. Is it part of a longer project or just an experiment?
  • Yeah - the stop-motion was a bit of a mare - the model I made got really top heavy and ended up being held together with sticky-tape as the shoot went on! Was only done on my diningroom table one evening so was all a bit frustrating in the end. 8-|
    It was going to be a larger project but i soon realised that I'm after doing something a little more paced, rather than a rubber monster drooling and throwing a sword around the screen!! :D
  • edited September 2011
    Well you should be really proud as it's an impressive piece of work as I said before. If this is anything to go by you will be producing amazing films in no time.
    Btw, do you know about this site Stop Motion Magazine
    It's a great site and produces a free Stop Motion Magazine as a downloadable .pdf. It's at issue 12 at present so plenty of reading for you :D

• Well you should be really proud as it's an impressive piece of work as I said before. If this is anything to go by you will be producing amazing films in no time.
    Btw, do you know about this site Stop Motion Magazine
    It's a great site and produces a free Stop Motion Magazine as a downloadable .pdf. It's at issue 12 at present so plenty of reading for you :D

Nice one - thanks for the link B-)
  • To be honest, I liked the stop motion how it was, if it were smoother it would look "better" but it gives it a freakier, puppet look to it which matches the old film look,
    And it's imperssive how you do that with a model like that, I do mine with Lego and that drives me up the wall sometimes, but to do it with a model held together with sticky tape is awesome. :))

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment