Upgrade from Express = 50$ off?

Ok. I'm about to buy HF Pro. I think I saw here somewhere in the forum that you could have a 50$ rebate if you upgraded from Express? I've been searching for this all evening and I didn't find anything on that. Did I hallucinate a 50$ off?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nope--however that $50 off is usually offered by a reseller, such as greenscreen systems and not directly from FxHome.

• Ah. Ok. Anyway, it's well worth the 300$

Remember, if you bought any Express Add-ons that should come up in your account as partial upgrade discounts.

• Hi, long time lurker, first time poster! 

@Triem23 - So all of the add-ons' I have purchased will offset the price of Hitfilm Pro? 

Yup! It's not a dollar-for-dollar discount. Don't know the exact ratio. Use the site Menu, upper right to go to your account. Click the "Software" link and you come to a screen showing your activation codes, and where you can manage your installs/activations and also always download the latest version. 

On that page you'll see an upgrade link. Click that and you'll see your upgrade price. Should be something less than $299. I can't guess what it is since, as @KristieT pointed out a few days ago, since there are so many combinations of add-on packs, there's thousands of upgrade paths. 

Forum posts are just like taking life. The first time is the hardest. (joke) 

•  @Triem23

Didn't think of looking there and, as you said, I am able to upgrade cheaper! You're awesome, thank you!

Indeed, the first post was the hardest. I am not a posting virgin anymore!!!

@Cadpaps out of curiosity, which packs do you have and what was the discount? 

• @Triem23

The full price is £233.27 and with the add-ons' I have, the upgrade price is £191.25. I have spent £85.75 on the add-ons already so having a discount of £42.02 is a bit of a kick in the teeth...

• Starter pack - £7.79
    • Destruction pack - £19.49
    • Sci-fi adventure pack - £19.49
    • Pro light flares pack - £19.49
    • Atmospheric lighting pack - £19.49

Actually, I had a feeling the disocunt would be about half of what the cost of the adds-ons would be.

• Oh well, I suppose that's business!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment