Missing "Show Featured Only" Toggle on Movie Wall.

Triem23Triem23 Moderator
edited September 2015 in Filmmaking

You guys tweak some website code? I am not seeing that checkbox appear in Firefox on Windows 7 Pro or Opera on Android 5.1.1.

Anyone else notice this? 

Comments

• Nope, not seeing that checkbox either with Firefox on Windows 8.1 Enterprise or Chrome on Android 5.0.1

• We  did some changes in that area indeed, it's not a browser issue the feature is gone. This is because we were under a lot of spam recently so to limit the negative impact of it, we decided to show you only featured content.

• edited September 2015

Does this go with a new policy about what gets featured and what not? I'm thinking about a lot of content that is not spam, but does not really reach the quality neccessary for being featured in the past. I imagine the creators of that content seeing their stuff doesn't get posted but no reason why.

• Hmmmmm. I'm not certain how I feel about this. Yes, I've noticed the spam, and that can be a problem, and it's a difficult thing to control, but I worry that with only "featured" videos showing up on the movie wall, people will stop using and checking it.

That said, I don't have a better solution. I mean, there's CATCHPA's but I don't know if that would help, since I think the vids in question were probably actually posted by humans. On the other hand, maybe consider adding back the toggle and add in a CATCHPA process for posting videos for a month or two and see if that helps? I dunno, that's my only idea. :-)

• It's not just malicious spam. People also auto-submitted to the movie wall even when they were just doing endless tests. I'm not talking about the kind of tests you do, @triem23, whereby it's a full-on VFX showcase. :)

We're still featuring the good content. What we consider 'good' is of course subjective, but as long as the video shows merit in some area it'll make it through. 

Plus, of course, everybody is still welcome to post their work on the forum. If something isn't getting featured on the movie wall, it can still be posted on the forum for feedback. In fact, the forum still provides the best place for actual feedback. Notably, very few of the un-featured videos have ever shown up elsewhere in the community.

We'll continue to monitor the new version to see how we get on with it.

• (it should be noted perhaps the YouTube export should NOT default to "Upload to Movie wall?" I've occasionally uploaded something here I didn't intend to because I forgot to uncheck that box. Perhaps some of the endless tests revisions are a side effect of a growing user base!) 

You raise some good points, as always, @SimonKJones ;

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment