Win £2000 + A Copy of HitFilm Ultimate! Music Video Competition!

Hello HitFilmers!
The company I work for, Defected Records, has just launched a music video competition with a top prize of £2000 and a copy of HitFilm ultimate - AND the chance to have your video featured as the OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO for one of our singles!
To celebrate the release of the remixes of Storm Queen's single "Look Right Through", we’re giving you the chance to create the official music video for "Look Right Through".
The prize includes:
[list]
[*]Your film used as the official music video for the single
[*]£2,000 prize money
[*]A copy of HitFilm Ultimate
[*]Full interview and profile feature on Defected.com
[*]The opportunity to work on further Defected film projects[/list]The song is a chilled out vocal house track, which has been massive this summer at festivals and nightclubs all over the world.
Do you think you've got what it takes to make the winning video? We want YOU to download the song and create a video for it. You're only limited by your imagination. What does the song say to you? How would YOU represent it through video? Can you create something visually stunning, or something really clever?
If the judges decide that your video is the best, you'll win all the prizes listed above! It's also a great opportunity to get some big exposure - our YouTube videos regularly get hundreds of thousands of views, and our most viewed music video has been watched more than 10 million times.
The competition is open to absolutely everyone, no matter what skill level - if you can come up with something simple but effective, you could win!
As well as the overall prize, there are four runners-up prizes of HitFilm Standard, as well as £100 credit to be spent in the Defected.com online D-store on goodies such as CDs, music downloads and clothing. The choice is yours!
To be in with a chance of winning, head over to SoundCloud to download the song - then make your video and submit it (either as a download link, or a private YouTube link) by the 3rd of October 2011, to greg@defected.com
I can't wait to see what the HitFilm community can come up with! If anyone has any questions, feel free to post back here or PM me, and I'll do my best to answer them for you.
For all the information, head over to the Defected Website, and you can read the full terms and conditions here.
Good luck!
Cheers,
Arktic.

Comments

• What an awesome opportunity for film visionaries. Love it.
    Count me in!
  • I contacted them to see if the competition was open to residents outside UK, and it was.
    So lots of people should be able to compete.
  • This is a very cool opportunity, so good luck to everybody!
  • so if we have to post it online, what happens to the users with just the demo :(

• so if we have to post it online, what happens to the users with just the demo :(

The really shouldn't be to much of a problem. You won't edit the whold thing in HitFilm.
    With the demo you have 30 seconds per export that should be more than enough time to edit one sequence at a time and you just cut out the HitFilm title at the end of your sequence.

I have question that everyone want's to know. What happen if you really have HitFilm Ultimate? Do we get are money back or something?
  • Hey, thanks for the questions!
    NFP Productions - You can use any software to make your entry, it doesn't have to be done with HitFilm - so if you don't have HitFilm yet, it doesn't mean that you can't enter. But it would be cool to see some entries making use of HF's capabilities!
    SaiTurtlesNinja NX - Defected's standard terms and conditions for entry state that there are no cash alternatives to any prizes given, sadly. If you do win, and you already have a copy of HitFilm, then perhaps you might be able to nominate a friend or relative to get that part of the prize (though I'd have to check with the HitFilm team on that one).
  • Hi there and thanks for the new Contest!
    New Question:
    Does it has to be the exactly downloaded Music, or is it possible to make some Cut's, or Remix-Add's, if the Pictures need it?
    I dont mean a whole new Remix (what would be great in my Case, i would love to remix it ;-) ), but just simple Cuts or overlays...
    Greets from Munich,
    Chris :-)
  • Hi Grisby - thanks very much for your interest!
    Because we will be using the video as the official video for the song, I think it's best to use the song exactly as it is on the SoundCloud link.
    Looking forward to seeing your entry!
    Cheers,
    Arktic

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment