Rodypolis.com and CreativeDojo.net Ink FX Contest

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I have an idea or two... Using techniques I learned from @NxVisualStudio

• Hey, thanks for the share! Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Well, you do have good assets, Rody! 

• Thank you sir!

I actually need to double check the contest rules. I have two I wanna try... 

edited August 2015

@RodyPolis on the off chance you see this today (7/31/15), I am just hoping my entry went through. I submitted well over 24 hours ago, but my entry isn't showing up on the CreativeDojo blog. I'm actually pretty proud of this. (Although of the entries on the site, "Inksplosion" is my favorite)  EDIT: Many entries, including mine, went live yesterday--We'll just assume VinhSon was busy for a couple of days and wasn't able to check the entries. :-)

I was halfway through setting up an Atomic Particles thing when I suddenly ended up taking a left turn into Caustics and trying out an idea that had been kicking around in my head for a year. Turns out the ink elements made great height map sources. 

@NxVisualStudio my initial impulse was Polar Warping the ink then building a vortex tunnel as in your "Trapcode in Hitfilm" tutorial, but, after the slit-scan, I ended up going a different way, obviously. 

• Triem23

Either way i love it, Aslo using 4k footage for the emitter would be overkill so not a good idea unless you have a week just to sample out what it would look like haha.  

• RodyPolis

im too late for the entry but I will still do something with them, but likely a multitude of organic effects along side the ink flows. :)    

edited August 2015

@NxVisualStudio I wouldn't have used a 4k emitter. I would have  rendered a downsampled copy of the texture. Actually, I did that with the Caustics, above--the ink copy used to wipe in the text layers was set up in Vegas using Pan/Crop to reposition, then rendered oit as a 1920x1080 DNxHD file and brought into Hitfilm to composite. Look forward to seeing your version, 

Otherwise, it's 10:50pm, 7/31/15 in Cali, and my entry, submitted a couple of days ago,  has yet to show up in the entries thread. Sadness. It's a legal entry--the only media used is Rody's ink, everything else is procedural, and I already am subscribed to CreativeDojo amd RodyPolis on YouTube and Facebook. I have to assume VinhSon is busy and hasn't checked the contest thread in a few days. :-(

EDIT: Nope, a bunch more went up, including mine.

• Triem23

I hope so, this is pretty damn different to most of the entry's and a pretty good idea at that!

that would do it with the down sampling, at the moment I'm slowing the footage and creating something very unexpected, and I really love organics, il have a chat about it later. 

Aaaaand, here's the VFX Breakdown for my entry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxq8eAXy19Q

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment