Problem with HitFilm 3 Pro 7th Update

I have HitFilm 3 Pro, and today I attempted to download and install the 7th update.  When I did, it did not seem to add the four new effects, it still asks me if I want to update when I first start HitFilm 3 Pro, and when I look at the version, it is still listed as 3.1.4023.5404 (Update 6). What might I be doing wrong?

Comments

• A few things to try here (exclude those you have already tried):

1. Restart the PC.
    2. If that doesn't work, Run the installer again, repeat step 1.
    3. Still not working, uninstall HitFilm from the control panel (Assuming you're on Windows?), repeat step 2.

If you tried all three and still have the problem, something is seriously going wrong - or you just have the wrong installer. Make sure you downloaded the correct update.

• Another thing to watch for is that the Pro installer download actually has two installers in it, one of which is for the Plugins. I've accidentally used that one rather than the core program installer before and gotten very confused!

• After downloading the installer, did you run it and follow the instructions to make sure it installed? You need to close the software before installing.

• Thank you all for your replies.  As it turns out, DanielGWood was correct... I was using the wrong installer.  You would think after doing the previous six upgrades that I would have done it correctly the seventh time, but nooooooo.  Amazingly enough, when you use the correct file, it works like a charm!  Thanks especially to Daniel!

The Hitfilm software is amazing, and I am delighted to have found it.  Interestingly, I found it initially through your free give-away of Hitfilm 2 Express.  After downloading that, I quickly purchased the upgrade to HitFilm 2 Ultimate, and when HitFilm 3 Pro came out, I preordered it.  I am hopeful that you will gain many new customers through your release of HitFilm 3 Express.

Again, thank you all for your help, and I apologize for my own stupidity!

Jay Haynes

This discussion has been closed.