Timeline Markers/Waveform representation

This was raised four years ago: http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/301/please-add-markers. Any progress? A seemingly simple facility to mark spots on the timeline would make syncing so much easier in certain cases.

I also find it very tricky to synchronise two clips which have the same soundtrack (eg shots from multiple cameras of the same subject) as the waveform is not very clear.

Comments

• Edit: I've just seen the markers wish is at the top of the Timeline Wishlist., but I'll leave this post as a gentle reminder :)

• No, not implemented yet...

If it helps, as a workaround until we have real markers, you can use a point layer (or any other layer) with a length of 1 frame as a surrogate, as you can snap things to other layer's start and end points. Just placing it in the right spot might be a little bit trickier as you don't have a direct line to match it with waveforms.

• edited May 2016

Unfortunately it's the placing on the markers/single frames that's more of a problem. Tapping a key when playing the audio is what I do regularly in Vegas and I so miss it here :)

• Ah okay, I understand. That's indeed not possible in HitFilm, though it would be helpful :)

• Hey... I found that using the Set in point/Set Out point helped me here.

HTH!

Steve

• +1 for markers, little bump !

• +1 for markers. would really help with syncing sound when the WAV is too small to see, and the merge/sound/sync has failed for some reason.

• any further hope about this functionnality ?

• There’s always hope. When will it actually happen? Only the FXHOME team knows for sure, and they haven’t announced anything yet. 

Sign in to comment