Titler Pro 4

Hi,

Just curious if anyone has tried the new Titler Pro 4, which apparently is compatible with Hitfilm.  I like that we have tons of options in Hitfilm 3 pro for text but it seems that Titler Pro 4 has made it easier to create some great transitions and effects without too much hassle.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

I haven't tried it within HitFilm yet but I have tried it in Vegas with a couple of HitFilm plugins and it everything worked

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Titler Pro3 will certainly crash Hitfilm. Titler Pro 4 running in Hitfilm would be an actual reason to upgrade. 

@Triem23 I still haven't tried it in HitFilm but Titler Pro 4 lists HitFilm 3 Pro as a compatible host.

WELL then, I must upgrade... 

edited June 2015

Ah, dammit! Thank you, NewBlue for installing a stupid application manager with Titler Pro 4--a lovely feature that wasn't in previous versions of your software. I don't need it. Thank you. I was perfectly happy looking for updates the way you implemented it in previous versions of the software--by opening the software and using the Check For Updates button. But you've saved me from two mouse clicks and a spare thought by installing something solely to sit around and check for updates every day--including all the days when I'm not going to use Titler Pro.

I'm a grumpy ol' Luddite, I guess. I can deal with software that "calls home" when I open it (Hitfilm does this, for example), but do you really have to have your software open a seperate, external bit of software to "call home," and, while we're at it, load on boot-up and sit active the whole damn time? Red Giant, I'm looking at you, too. Not to mention Apple and Adobe and Digital Juice--which now needs to load three stupid things at once.. It gets old having to go delving deep into Windows to turn off all your autoloading crap that's quietly sucking RAM and processor cycles to do not a damn thing other than constantly look for updates to yourself.

• Don't hold back,  tell me how you really feel. Lol

what do you guys think of the actual program itself? It's 299 to buy and I'm wondering if it is worth it?  They don't have a way to evaluate the software.  I know I would use it often provided it's a good program.  Matter of fact, it sounds like Titler Pro 4 is even easier to use than  TP 3. The fact they it integrates with HF is a bonus.  

It's a titling program. Heh. Has your standard features--extrude, bevel, texture, 3D lights and cameras. Titler Pro is it's own mini compositor, actually: you can bring in graphic elements, add multiple layers, etc. If you have other NewBlue fx and transitions you can add them directly in Titler Pro. It's powerful enough for advanced users to dig deep and really "roll your own" looks, but super-easy for beginners as there's a massive library of preset templates, texts styles, FX and transitions to mix and match, so you can enter text, pick a preset text style, tweak it, add in a preset transition In/Out, tweak it and add effects to tweak very quickly. This is all based on 3,mind you. 4 is crashing on my system right now, and 4 helpfully uninstalled my previous versions while installing itself (bastard!). 

It's a stand-alone program that opens itself via a system call via OFX, so I don't know if I will be able to slave it to a comp camera, or if it's locked to its own internal camera. If the latter, it's not the right tool for me, since my upgrade is solely to use with Hitfilm, and not using Hitfilm's cameras is a deal breaker (FxHome will give us bevels eventually) I could use 3 in Vegas and render an export from there, OR do the same thing in Boris if locked to the text tool's camera. I will let you know once it's working. 

So, bottom line, it's good software that gives good results. The selling point is it's super-easy preset library (of course you can save your own presets) but if it's render can't use Hitfilm's lights and camera, then the upgrade isn't worth it *for me*. Because I have multiple other options already, and Titler Pro 3 already meets my needs. 

There should be a demo! On install, I was asked if I wanted to enter my serial or begin my trial. 

@LIFE_LEADERSHIP Right now everybody gets $50.00 off so the basic version is $249.00 through July 31 I think. Since I already had Titler Pro 3 my upgrade was $99.00.

As Triem23 said it's a titling program so if you don't already have Boris Graffiti or something it's a pretty good option. I actually got it originally as part of a Vegas upgrade bundle a few years back which is also how I got HitFilm for that matter. I didn't have Graffiti (Still don't) and for the most part it's met my needs. Where it didn't meet my needs was the lack of real time playback in more complex titles which is supposedly a thing of the past in this version.

@Triem23 Yeah so I'm not thrilled about the new App Manage either and the first time I started Titler stand alone I thought it had crashed because nothing happened for several minutes. Just about the time I was going to kill the task it opened up. Many of the HitFilm plugins are available and usable. The Red Giant Universe plugins are listed but none of them seem to be compatible.

Going the other way, trying Tilter Pro 4 in HitFilm, Titler crashed right off the bat the first time but has worked every time I've tried it since. I have not tried anything more advanced than just seeing if it would work

•  Thanks guys, I'm going to pull the trigger and buy it so I'll report my experience after working with it for a bit.  

I can say that Titler Pro 4 doesn't interact with Hitfilm's internal camera and lights, so Titler Pro isn't going to be the right tool to easily integrate 3D text into, say, a matchmove scene. Therefore, Titler Pro 4 cannot do the single thing that I wanted it to do that made me willing to spend the money.

I will be contacting NewBlue to deactivate Titler Pro 4 and roll back to 3.

Again--the software is perfectly fine--it just doesn't do what I wanted it to do. Well, that, and the fact that Titler Pro 1, 2, and 3 see my legacy NewBlue Effects and Titler Pro 4 does not. I just don't feel like upgrading my entire NewBlue suite. Especially as the current versions are functionally identical to the previous versions. Doubly-especially as I very rarely use the NewBlue tools, and only keep them around from when I need to go back to old projects that used them. It does happen.

• edited November 2017

Tilter Pro replaces several of your fonts with its version.

May cause errors in Premiere Pro.

• @y88cdw  care to add more details about that?

• So I ended up purchasing Titler Pro 4 and at first it was glitchy, it was non responsive and crashed a couple of times.  I restarted HF and the Titler Pro program was listed under effects. After attempting to use it inside HF, I quickly got frustrated as it doesn't appear to work seamlessly as I would like.  I'm ok using Titler Pro as a stand alone and then integrate it back into HF, but so far it has potential,  just a bit frustrating for the moment.  

One thing I see right off the bat is that I'm going to have to upgrade to a higher package of effects since the basic program doesn't have much to work with.  I got a good deal, paid 229 for Titler Pro 4 basic and it appears in can upgrade for 49 or 99 respectively,  so overall not bad, provided I end up using it on a regular basis. 

My hitfilm wish list includes having a better text or titler pro type option integrated into HF program. I know there is a lot you can do with text already in HF but for ease of use and options, that would be nice to have without using a 3rd party program. Not complaining guys, HF is awesome and getting better everyday!  Just a big fan of creating 3d titles like it's done in the movies  ( like marvel etc)

With regards to the post about fonts disappearing, mine are all still happily there. 

So is Titler Pro 3 the same,  with the exception of the HF integration option?

@LIFE_LEADERSHIP The Titler upgrades add more styles, presets and templates as opposed to actual effects (except for ultimate, I'll get to that in a bit). For effects they want you to purchase NewBlue effects and previous versions were limited to just NewBlue. This version supports at least some third party ofx packages like the HitFilm plugins. The HitFilm plugins do show up in the library for me and many of them do appear to work. NewBlue says GenArts Sapphire works and the Red Giant Universe plugins also show up but none of them seem to be compatible yet. The moral of the story is if you have some ofx packages already see if they work and do what you need them to do before spending more money.

Earlier I mentioned Titler Pro 4 Ultimate. This version gives you the most extras as far as style and presets etc. but it also has extra After Effects integration that's supposed to interact with After Effects internal camera and lighting like @Triem23 was hoping for with HitFilm. Since they've already done it for After Effects I think it's entirely possible to see that same level of integration with HitFilm at some point in the future if enough users request that functionality.

• 'The Titler upgrades add more styles, presets and templates as opposed to actual effects (except for ultimate, I'll get to that in a bit). For effects they want you to purchase NewBlue effects and previous versions were limited to just NewBlue. This version supports at least some third party ofx packages like the HitFilm plugins. The HitFilm plugins do show up in the library for me and many of them do appear to work. NewBlue says GenArts Sapphire works and the Red Giant Universe plugins also show up but none of them seem to be compatible yet. The moral of the story is if you have some ofx packages already see if they work and do what you need them to do before spending more money.'

Are you referring to the stand alone Titler Pro 4 or within HF 3 pro?

He means both.  Titler Pro doesn't really function like a plug-in. Adding the "Titler Pro Effect" opens Titler Pro's stand-alone editor, kind of like how the Vegas/Hitfilm pipe works. 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment