Sony Vegas 13: Adding Hitfilm Effect fails for "unknown reason" [SOLVED]

edited June 2015 in Express Support

Hi, I have an issue with the Hitfilm integration in Vegas.

First of all, I use Vegas Build 453 64 Bit, and Hitfilm 3 Pro 3.1.4023.5404 64 Bit

The plugins in Vegas itself work fine, and when I right-click on an object in the timeline, I find the "Add Hitfilm effect" button, so no problem here.

The issue starts, when I actually use that feature. Lets say, I want to create a Hitfilm effect on a jgp file. When I hit the "Add Hitfilm effect" button, Vegas freezes for a couple of seconds, it creates an HFP-file where the jpg is saved, and then I get an error message: "During the current process an error occured. The reason for that error couldn't be identified" (I get this message in German, so thats just my translation. In English, the message might sound a bit different).

Now, when I open the created HFP file in Hitfilm directly, the monitor says "Offline media", and in the media box, I find the jpg file, stating "File not supported". If I drag the very same jpg file in the media box, then it works fine, so obvoiusly the file type is supported, and the file is not corrupted. I have this problem with every filetype, jpg, png, uncompressed avi. I'm sure it's not because of the files that this doesn't work, instead I think there's something wrong with the communication between Hitfilm and Vegas.

I hope that someone can help me out here, because I have no clue how to solve this. Thanks in advance!

My system specs are:

Win 7 64 bit (up to date)

16 GB RAM

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7850 with 2GB (I actually deactivated GPU acceleration in the options, just to make sure that this doesn't cause the error, but the issue remains)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited June 2015

Odd, that. In which order did you install the software? I know you need to install Vegas BEFORE Hitfilm or the integration won't work. Perhaps try uninstalling and re-installing? If that doesn't work, well, hopefully staff will have better ideas? 

Just for the record, my Vegas 13/HF3 integration works properly, but my hardware specs are different: i7-2960 @2.8GHz, Nvidia 580 GTXm 2GB, 16GB RAM, Win 7Pro, service pack 1.

• edited June 2015

Hi, thanks for your reply. Since I had Hitfilm long before Sony Vegas, it was installed when I installed Vegas, but I knew about the right order of installing, so I re-installed Hitfilm after installing Vegas. Actually, if you don't do it that way, the "Add Hitfilm effect" button wouldn't be there at all.

I already wrote a ticket, too. Btw, which versions of Hitfilm and Vegas do you run?

• AdyAdy Staff

Hi Stiegi,

Images (.jpg, .bmp.. etc) are not supported when using the Vegas integration, the integration can only be used with footage.

Thanks,
    Ady

• Hi Ady,

unfortunately I get the same error for video files. I even tried uncompressed AVI files to make sure that it's not a codec problem, and I was also able to load the file in Hitfilm without  any problems. It just doesn't work when I use the "Add Hitfilm effect" in Vegas.

• AdyAdy Staff

Hi Stiegi,

I've just tried the integration (Build 453) with multiple files here and don't see any issues. I know the Vegas (453) update was only recently released (11th of June) but I'm not aware of any issues for other users.

Can you upload a file you are having an issue with, (probably not the .avi uncompressed one as it's most likely huge) so I can test it here?

Ady

• edited June 2015

Hi Ady,

sure! I have a perfect file for that matter, a video file that is very short and small. In the zip file, you find the video itself, and the hfp file that is created by Hitfilm after clicking "Add Hitfilm effect".

For me, this video file works in a new Hitfilm project, but it doesn't work, when I open the HFP file  and I just found out that I can open the HFP with Hitfilm. Nevertheless, I cannot import the HFP (any HFP) into Vegas ->error message.

Maybe you can find the error within that file somewhere, maybe there are some traces what went wrong when Vegas and Hitfilm "communicate" that file.

Download link(3.71MB):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvu45sl6ggacapm/testvideo.zip?dl=0

Btw: I think this guy here had the same problem, I just found that topic http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/6719/error-when-going-from-hitfilm-to-vegas

• Issue solved!

Quicktime was outdated. After updating Quicktime to the most current version, everything works fine! Thank you guys for your help!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment