Blank Screen

I created a comp on my laptop, saved it and opened it on my desktop. Now the main video only displays a black screen. I can't get it to display. It plays as I can hear the audio, but the screen is black. The same video plays just fine in Windows and in Adobe Premiere.

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff

Hi,

Sorry you are having trouble with the software, I have quite a few questions which I've asked below.

Are you using HitFilm 2 or 3? If you are using HF3, does the file playback fine in the Trimmer? If HF2 does the file playback fine in the Media Panel?

What type of file is it? What codec is it using specifically?

Could you maybe post your system specs also?

CPU:
    RAM:
    GPU:

Thanks,
    Ady

• Thanks for your reply. I'm using Hitfilm 3 Pro. The video is black in both the trimmer and media window. It's a .mov QuickTime file. 1280x720, 24 bit, AVC/H.264.

My specs are as follows:

• Windows 7 Pro
    • Intel i& 920
    • 12 GB RAM
    • AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series

Thanks!

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator

Do you definitely have Quicktime installed on both computer?

• AdyAdy Staff

@Bluecatz - Thanks for the updated information. Is this the only .mov that exhibits this behaviour? Or does every .mov do this?

Any chance of you uploading the file so I can take a look at it here?

Can you also make sure your drivers for your GPU are up to date? I have linked to the latest driver below:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64

Thanks,
    Ady

• edited May 2015

@Ady - Thanks for your support and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My video drivers are up to date. Here's the video.Source Video

• I tried to attach the video using the insert image, but that didn't work. I've uploaded it to Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ounuxmrb9ethubz/IMG_4448.mov?dl=0

• What version of Quicktime do you have installed on each machine?

• AdyAdy Staff
    edited May 2015

Bluecatz - Thanks for uploading the file.

It does show as blank for me too, so I don't believe it's the version of QuickTime you are using. Can you tell me how you created this file as it has an odd frame-rate? I'm going to guess it was an iPhone or something similar?

This will need to be investigated further so I have assigned it to a developer.

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@Bluecatz and @Ady The clip has a variable frame rate so it'll need to be converted to a constant frame rate first. Handbrake seems to be the go to tool of choice for that.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment