Bilateral Blur Plug-In Bug

edited May 2015 in Express Support

On my system, the Threshold Slider (of the Bilateral Blur Plug-In), when used in Sony Movie Studio, is broke.  The slider changes Threshold values but the value box doesn’t update.  Also, updates to values in the value box aren’t handled properly.

Sony MSP13
Windows 7 Pro x64, Core i7-4790s, 32G ram, R9 290x 8Gb

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator

Hi Jeff. Sony Movie Studio  13 is not a supported host for the HitFilm plugins. You'll need Vegas Pro to use the HitFilm plugins.

Supported hosts are outlined here: http://hitfilm.com/pro/plugins

• Every Hitfilm Plugin that I've tried works fine in MS13, although I haven't analyzed each one.  Bilateral Blur also works fine, with the exception of the user interface issue reported above.  Surprised that UI issue doesn't occur in the "Pro" version of Vegas.

Thanks for looking into it.

• AdyAdy Staff

JeffFoster - What Simon has stated is correct, Movie Studio Platinum is not a supported for the Plug-ins, it's not to say they will not work but more to the fact that they have not been tested inside that host product. It would be wrong of us to state a non-tested host as supported, so Vegas Pro is the official supported host from Sony's products when using the Plug-ins.

But, additionally I have looked into what you have raised & it does appear that the Bilateral Plug-in does have an issue with the Threshold property as you have describe. This has been logged & will be patched in a future update.

Hope this helps and sorry for any confusion or inconvenience caused.

Ady

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment