Disabled Masks Issue

edited April 2015 in Express Support

Found what seems to be a bug. When all masks are disabled, the layer should behave as if there are no masks, however, that doesn't always seem to be the case.  Even though it's not shown in this video, once it's in this state, playing with the masks blend mode, even though they were disabled, still effected the layer.

https://vimeo.com/126319125

Comments

• It happens for me too.......but, if you uncheck the masks off in a different order like 1, 3, then 2 the middle one of the 3 masks your red plane comes back.

It seems that if you uncheck them from the top down there is a bug. lol

• Yes, I noticed the order changes the behavior. Also noticed it didn't happen with just one mask. It was really odd that while disabled, the mask blend mode (of the bottom mask, I think)  still effected things :)

I'm sure it's some odd order of events that confuses the code somehow, but I'm betting with this reliable way to duplicate the problem, they should be able to find it easily when debugging. 

• Thanks guys, we will check this out and see what can be done to fix it.

• AdyAdy Staff

Hi Guys,

I have raised this as an issue, it's a problem with caching (scrubbing the playhead fixes the issue), but we will naturally look to get this fixed.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Ady

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Ady, I was about to log a similar issue with the "Set Matte" effect. Probably part of the same cache issue. 

• AdyAdy Staff

Triem23 - That's more than possible, do you have a Project showing it happening or can you give me the steps? No harm in taking a look or adding another Project to the report for the devs to take a look at.

Ady

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment