Help buying HD camera

Okay, I would like to start off doing good, short films in HD instead of my super pixelated camcorder...
But i can't spend more than £400!! I have all accessories for it... Like a microphone, some lenses too, but I can't find a camera on the Market which is a cheap HD camera with a microphone socket, so please can I have some help finding one with a microphone socket, thanks!

Comments

• Well it depends on what brand the lenses are
  • To be honest, the lenses don't really matter for me because I can buy some, (if they are cheap) but I have a couple of handycam ones, and SLR ones, at the moment I am looking at the sony a33, but there might be better versions of slrs and cheaper ones
  • If you want to do films get a canon dslr. The 550D, 7D, 60D and 600D support 1080p recording in 24fps progressive recording. Also the massive 18 megapixel sensor gives great depth of field for incredibly professional and cinematic shooting.
    Indie filmmakers swear by them and there used in breaking into full on filmmaking.
  • edited August 2011
    Most of the people here used HD DSLR camera. Canon is a good brand name for camera and you will see alot of people use Canon cameras. I'm using the Canon Rebel T3i / EOS 600D It only cost like $1000 buck but at least it has a mic imput.
    Most camcorder don't have interchangeable lenses. Only the really high end camcorder have interchangeable. But at lets most DSLR camera do have interchangeable lenses.
    When buying camera you get what you pay for. So you might be better saving up for to get the best consumer level you can get your hands on.
    You also need to thing about Accessories. Like Battery, Memory Cards, Tripods, Stabilizers and Microphones are all thing you need to think about when buying a camera.
    The first thing I always look for in a camera is to see if it has a External Mic Input. Because video and film is 90% audio.
    A good Microphones is the Rode VideoMic.
  • Neither lenses or Cameras are cheap. I would say Canon T1i.
  • http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B004LCBFKW
    I found this camera with external mic inputs.

• Most of the people here used HD DSLR camera. Canon is a good brand name for camera and you will see alot of people use Canon cameras. I'm using the Canon Rebel T3i / EOS 600D It only cost like $1000 buck but at least it has a mic imput.
    Most camcorder don't have interchangeable lenses. Only the really high end camcorder have interchangeable. But at lets most DSLR camera do have interchangeable lenses.
    When buying camera you get what you pay for. So you might be better saving up for to get the best consumer level you can get your hands on.
    You also need to thing about Accessories. Like Battery, Memory Cards, Tripods, Stabilizers and Microphones are all thing you need to think about when buying a camera.
    The only camcorders that are cheap, and have interchangeable lenses are the Sony handy cams, but they don't have a mic inputs. I do have the ability to use a very, super, good camera, (to borrow off a mate) but it is used in proper film production, and is too much money for me to even use incase it gets damaged.... But I recon I will try a cheap HD camera (SLR) probably Sony a33, because the picture is good, it h mic input, and I do have some Sony accessories for it..... The camera is the last thing for me, I have stabilisers, tripods, microphones, and stuff, so I don't have too much money left and the cameras I've been looking at for the past year or so have been the cheap, beginner kind of cameras (which in my opinion are actually pretty good, 16mega pixel, 1080p interchangeable lenses, all around £400) ;)
    The first thing I always look for in a camera is to see if it has a External Mic Input. Because video and film is 90% audio.
    A good Microphones is the Rode VideoMic.
  • I would have to add camera accessories if ever to have this unit.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment