All parameters missing in Plugins on FCPX

My plugins suddenly have no adjustment params. Blood spray lists as an effect, but it has no effect on the clip and there is nothing in the Inspector except its name (no adjustment parameters). Running FCPX 10.1.4 on OSX 10.9.5. Have reinstalled both FCPX and HitFilm 3.1.0026 from scratch; no difference. Any suggestion as to what might be going on would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff

Hi,

So the plug-ins have worked fine up until now? Has anything recently changed?

Could you post a screenshot of the problem?

Thanks,
    Ady

• Hi Ady:

Thanks for reply. Yes, plugins working previously. Only recent change was .0026 update; Pro worked fine, but next time I went to FCPX, the Plugins appeared to be wonky. I wiped both FCPX and HF3 completely, then fresh-installed, but no behavior change.  Downgraded HF3 to March release, but again no change.

Tried posting screenshot in .gif, .jpg, and .png formats, but all I get is a missing image icon. I feel silly asking, but is there secret to posting image to Forum?

Thanks again, DrPasadena

• AdyAdy Staff

Hi,

It's ok, I saw your support ticket in the system & you'd attached a screenshot there.

Sadly I cannot replicate this behaviour on the 10.9.5 machines we have here. If you add any additional plug-ins to the footage are they also missing parameters? Or does it only affect the ones that were there previously?

Ady

• Hi Ady:

Will look more  closely over weekend, but first ... I teach and have multiple copies of HF2, HF3, and the original (v2) Plugins. Could this be happening due to cross-installs? Or does "whatever I install last" always and totally "overwrite what was there before?"

Thank you for guidance,

DrPasadena

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment