Note to Self: don't punch colleagues (Clarkson discussion)

Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator
edited March 2015 in Everything Else

Self,

If you are ever a presenter on a British motoring show that enjoys massive international success do not I repeat do not slap any of the producers. Especially over the lack of a British steak.

Jeremy Clarkson to be Sacked

The "fracas" occurred while several members of the HitFilm staff were attending SXSW. Coincidence?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I think not! No slapping would occur if @KristieT were in-country. 

Slapping over steak? Ridiculous! It's not like bacon or chocolate were involved!  

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

If both bacon and chocolate were involved I think we'd be talking about a producer being shot..........

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited March 2015

Actually, you don't mess with @KirstieT.

I've been entirely perplexed by this entire thing. If you physically attack somebody in your workplace, you get fired. Simple as that. There is no debate to be had.

• edited March 2015

International incident, 'n' word, insulting other cultures- tsk tsk; with his track record, I'm surprised Clarkson lasted as long as he did. He would have long been castigated and cast out as a pariah in the U.S. Then again, our politically correct crowd is in "over drive" to the point of being totally ridiculous most of the time.

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@StormyKnight you're probably right and Clarkson would have been cast out for being politically incorrect here but we would have "overlooked" the physical attack and offered him a new contract. Look at what Charlie Sheen got away with until he called Chuck lorre "a clown"

• edited March 2015

LOL- Charlie Sheen. How about drunken Mr. Angry, Alec Baldwin? Shoving reporters/cameramen and the like. He gets physical and lands a radio show on PBS and a prime time show on MSNBC. Behaving badly seems to get people elevated in "pop" culture. I find it repugnant. Clarkson will probably be back on another hit show in a year or two despite his checkered past.

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff
    edited March 2015

God - do not get me started on Jeremy Clarkson. 

I still have no idea why this man gets air-time at all. It's a shame it took this long for him to be fired considering the horrible things he's done and said in the past. 

@Triem23 the only situation under which I would permit slapping is as you say - when chocolate is involved. Because that's a different matter entirely :)

• LOL. Chocoholics.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I just understand the food pyramid: Meat, Bacon, Chocolate, Beer and Everything else! 

• I always thought Clarkson was a hoot. The guy spoke his mind, consequences be damned. Physically attacking someone that's a different story. Wonder if he will write a book when all this is over.

@Triem23 :I just understand the food pyramid: Meat, Bacon, Chocolate, Beer and Everything else!

Its called eating UP the food chain. Cows, deer, rabbits eat green leaf plants = vegetables. I eat steak, venison, hasenpfeffer,=green leaf vegetables. Pigs & chickens are usually fed rough grains = fiber....MMM eggs, bacon, pork chops. Chocolate = the universal sauce.  Beer vodka. Lastly Cheetos.....The MRI of web surfers world wide.

• "Man loses job after punching colleague in the face." HuffPost
    Yup - seems pretty reasonable. 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment