Missing year in dates on posts in the forum

I've been reading some very old posts that were made a few years back (Google found them), but they showed the years in the threads.

The newer ones (I think...?) only show the day and month, which makes me wonder sometimes if I'm reading about a problem that is really new, or really old and probably fixed, as I don't know how far back you stopped adding the year to threads.

Comments

• I think it omits the year if it's the current year. It also omits the month and day if it's the current day.

• @rgbii is right - the year and day/month is only shown if it's not the current one. Makes sense as for posts that are years old you normally don't need the time of day they were posted, while for current threads you certainly already know what year/day it is so no reason to repeat them over and over again. I like it this way :)

• Hmm... OK then. :)

• What? A forum feature people universally like? This may be a sign of the apocalypse.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Well, we already got color curves... 

• I should note that I was in the US last week and you didn't buy me a coffee, Triem.

edited March 2015

I, sadly, could not get out to Texas. Any chance of NAB? Google Maps has actually been less than helpful at locating coffee houses in your far-off, exotic land of Swindon (no, wait, you're not Jasper Pfforde--just trying to make Pfforde-fest part of the Honeymoon, if possible.).

Anyway, either you have escaped the horror of American Coffee culture (there are 8 Starbucks within 2 miles of my residence), or I need to search for something Tea related.  

Don't you have an SXSW blog to blog? 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@Triem23 you know you could use Amazon UK to send him a DIY kit.

Bosch Tassimo Brewer

Tassimo Variety Pack

I'm Not a Paper Cup Travel Mug

Free Shiping in the UK!

edited March 2015

@Aladdin4D I kinda owe the entire 18-or-so staff coffee. :-/ Depends on if there is an in-house coffee machine or not. (Not counting Axel, who's in America. He can have a Starbucks Gift Card or something.)

• @Triem, I actually hate coffee. Which is somewhat ironic, since I have lived fairly close to Seattle, the birthplace of Starbucks, my entire life. I wouldn't say no to a Coke Zero though...

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited March 2015

@triem23 - blog post will be going up very soon. :) My personal blog is already up.

While in Austin I was unfortunately forced to use Starbucks on numerous occasions. It wasn't pleasant. I did find a couple of indie coffee trailers as well, which were better, but still provided the coffee waaaay too hot. I like my coffee ready-to-drink. 

Ben Adams did recommend Austin Java on Lamar, but I never managed to make it over there. Next time!

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

Friends don't let friends drink Starbuck's

While I do large amounts of animation at my local coffee shop, it's an indie with better, cheaper coffee than Starbucks could dream of. 

• Weirdly, Norwich has several absolutely stunning indie coffee establishments. In fact, cafe culture here is very strong.

We may have gone off-topic.

Just make me a "topic derailer" badge. I digress often. 

• edited March 2015

Hmm... Yes, my simpler posts seem to get hijacked by random stuff (I don't mind that, as the question was already answered), but the ones with questions, bugs, suggestions or information (that was requested after I asked if I should bother posting it) get zilch responses.... :(

• @Palacono - I've noticed this on occasion too. If it wasn't online, I'd wonder if I forgot to shower or something, but I think sometimes it's just a case of finding a rare issue that no one else has run into, so they don't comment. If it's an actual bug, probably best to submit a ticket.

• Yes, but who too? The bug/feature of the scrambled Point naming in Mocha Hitfilm is one issue I already reported (also no replies to that post) as I'm not sure who is getting it wrong. Mocha don't even have a forum for Mocha Hitfilm, as it's the runt of their litter (very few ticks in its feature list) and all the information they have about it is out of date: "Version 3, works with HF2U" etc. , when it's v4 and HF3P.

• @Palacono I agree about Mocha HF being the runt, but at the same time, for a while, their supposed was bad for Mocha Pro too (which I also have). It's gotten better though. The forum seems to be the best method, or at least it was a couple of months ago.  However, I don't think there's enough difference in the features Mocha HF has than the other versions to really consider it a seperate product as far as support goes, unless something is getting messed up when it's creating the HF composites.   

Is there a thread here on the forum about the scrambled point naming?  I don't remember seeing it.

• edited March 2015

Ah, I thought all the other 'Partner Products' had their own mocha forums, but looking a little harder: mocha Hitfilm is basically a step down from mocha Plus and is mentioned as being compatible, so maybe I'll get some info there.

But, I don't actually know if it is mocha to blame or if HF3P reorders the names on loading; although I do suspect mocha, as it was pretty flaky even when it did work; taking three attempts to get a working solve out of it.

Did it work OK with HF2U? Does mocha Pro work OK with HF3P using Axel's tutorial?

I posted my findings here: http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/6349/hitfilm-3-pro-and-mocha-solving-problem

• I'm guessing Mocha named the points. HF's just pulling in the composite as-is. To be honest, I've never paid attention to the names it's given the points, except for maybe center, which I'm guessing it always gets right.  I'll try to pay more attention next time I track something or do a camera solve. I tend to use it more for remove & roto than camera solve, at least lately.

As far as reponses to bugs go, ok, I put a long response in your other thread, but, really, it more or less says "mocha is moody." I haven't encountered the exact issues you have, so I can't be specific. 

Mocha Hitfilm and Mocha Ae are both runts. Mocha Ae 3 was just roto tools, Mocha Hitfilm 3 was just camera solves. Mochas Ae and Hitfilm 4 are both roto and camera solves, so they may be runts, but they got some love. Plus seems to basically add the Lens Distortion module (you have to render this module's output as a new media file for Hitfilm), while Pro adds the Insert, Remove and Stabilize tabs. 

To me, Plus is the weak link of the chain. If you pay for the upgrade,  go Pro. Upgrades are 30% off this week.  

• Thanks for the responses, I'll experiment a bit more and see if it'll play nicer when I'm more familiar with it. Thanks for the upgrade warning and discount info, will bear it in mind if/when I do, but it'll be later, so hopefully there will be an offer then too. :)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment