Some development ideas from Sku11z

edited March 2015 in Filmmaking

In my last discussion i talked about hitiflm and videocopilot working together.

Now for the big list!

-Easier rotation around 3d space in perspective view

-more file format compatibility e.g flv...

-better motion blur

-can open already animated 3d objects

-more 3d file format compatibility e.g. c4d, fbx

-better 3d renderer (possibly videocopilots element 3D) or better

-rotoscoping

-possibly if redgiant have already done universe for hitfilm they could possibly bring RG Particular into hitiflms particle system

-make hitiflm faster and lighter for easier compositing (In the latest updates hitifilm is slightly heavier than before)

MOD edit: Updated the title to be more descriptive. -Simon

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

My only suggestion is moving these to the main WishlWishlist thread to make it easier on the devs.

https://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/4432/the-wishlist-feature-requests-and-suggestions#latest

Otherwise, some of your suggestions I like, others aren't up to FxHome (it's Andrew Kramer's call on a Hitfilm version of Element) and one or two, I don't see happening soon (I speculate roto tools are low priority since Mocha Hitfilm 4 is a roto tool.)

I also think an upgrade to  the HF particle system would be better than Trapcode. First, Trapcode costs as much as Hitfilm. Second, Trapcode applies to a 2D layer and would need a major recode to use the unified 3D space. Third, no 3D model particles in Trapcode. Fourth, Trapcode doesn't have that many settings Hitfilm doesn't. Just an opinion. :-) 

• In my last discussion i talked about hitiflm and videocopilot working together.

Now for the big list!

-Easier rotation around 3d space in perspective view

-more file format compatibility e.g flv...

-better motion blur

-can open already animated 3d objects

-more 3d file format compatibility e.g. c4d, fbx

-better 3d renderer (possibly videocopilots element 3D) or better

-rotoscoping

-possibly if redgiant have already done universe for hitfilm they could possibly bring RG Particular into hitiflms particle system

-make hitiflm faster and lighter for easier compositing (In the latest updates hitifilm is slightly heavier than before)

-smoother video playback when using footage in the trimmer (very laggy even when using a 3.5GHZ CPU and Nvidia Geforce GTX 850m)

• I understand what you mean but what i meant was trapcodes realism sort of beats hitfilms and i belive hitiflms particle system would be amazing if COMBINED with trapcode

• @Sku11z - in an attempt to merge your two discussions together I accidentally lost your Videocopilot post. Many apologies for that - user error on my part due to both your topics having the exact same title. Do feel free to repost those ideas as a reply.

For future reference, there's no need to start a new topic for each idea. The best thing to do is reply to the main wishlist topic that Triem linked to.

In response to some of your ideas:

- What do you mean specifically by 'rotoscoping'?

- What do you mean by making HitFilm 'lighter', and it being 'heavy' currently?

- The comparative realism of Particular and HitFilm's particle simulator (and any other similar particle system) is more likely to come down to user experience and skill than anything else. Although if you have a specific Particular example in mind do post it up so we can check it out.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment