Lynda.com - HitFilm 3 Pro Essential Training

I'm not sure if this is old news, but I noticed that Lynda.com has released 'HitFilm 3 Pro Essential Training', a 6 hour online course that seems to be aimed at users who are new to Hitfilm.

HitFilm 3 Pro Essential Training

As a beginner myself (I only came across the HitFilm software about a week ago), I decided to take the course as I currently happen to have a subscription to Lynda.com.

I'd already learned the basics of the software from the Getting Started tutorials on the HitFilm website, so the first few chapters covered ground that I was familiar with. As the course progressed, however, I did pick up a lot of valuable tips about how to use HitFilm effectively. I'd say that this course has saved me several weeks of fumbling around learning the software by trial and error.

The tutorials on the HitFilm website are superb, but the long-form format of this 6 hour course is really helpful for beginners who prefer to be guided (at an easy pace) through the journey of getting to know HitForm in detail. The tutor, Steve Grisetti, does a great job of keeping the content interesting and engaging and I never felt overloaded with hard-to-grasp information.

If you already have a good knowledge of HitFilm, this is probably not the course for you, but for the less advanced user, it is a great way of getting up to speed with the software.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

No announcement has been made on this forum yet, so you just made a lot of users happy. :-) 

• The course is really good for any user. 

• Ok, that one got under the radar....

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I'm not a Lynda subscriber, but I looked at the demo tuts they have up and the "Explosion with debris" tutorial has a nice tip which is a logical extention of animation groups. Presenter explains things well. Certainly looks like a good course. Seems fairly well organized. Should get any Hitfilm user comfortable with the software. 

• I've not had time to check out the whole course yet but Steve is a cool guy so I'm sure he's come up with some great stuff. Very exciting for us to be on Lynda - just as with tutorials made by you guys in the community, the wider the choice of tutorials for HitFilm users the better. 

• Totally stoked to have found it. was searching yesterday for hitfilm, unfortunately there doesnt appear to be anything out there for hitfilm 4 exclusively, so 3 is great in a pinch. Am impressed with the amount of tutorials on the main site, it can be a little off putting that some are very old dealing with hitfilm presumably version 1: ultimate. 

The main draw for lynda as efolve pointed out was that they are really good with their pacing, The titles snippet I found on youtube posted by hitfilm just goes too fast for me to follow whats actually happening, he just turns on the effects, which in their default state certainly dont do what it did on the narators one.

ps. sorry to the narator, I dont know ya name, the pommie guy with the beard :)

• @rbnzdave It's not a Lynda course, but we're just starting up our FutureLearn VFX course for the second time this year - it is for HitFilm 4 and you might find it useful (starting on August 1): https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/vfx-for-filmmakers

Sign in to comment