Hitfilm 3 crashes when effects are added & adjusted

Finally upgraded to Hitfilm 3 Pro over the weekend from Hitfilm 2 Ultimate. Sadly I've run into an issue where the program crashes on me repeatedly. Hopefully the root issue can be figured out so I can get back to work on my Sci-Fi project.

PC Specs:
Acer PC running Windows 7 Home Premium
64-bit operating system
Model: Aspire M3410
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 840 T Processor 2.90 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Display Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6450
Total Available Graphics Memory: 2811MB

Issue at hand:
Crash occurs whenever an effect is added to any object (video clip, image, etc) and when an adjustment is made to that effect. For example If I add Bleach Bypass effect to a clip all is fine until I try to adjust the levels to my liking. Another example is if I add chroma key effect to footage and try to pick a color. This is a repeated issue no matter what is done.

I get this message:
"We're sorry.
Hitfilm 3 Pro encountered a problem and has to exit.
To help us fix the problem, please send the crash report to us."

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry you are having trouble with the software, upon looking at your system specifications I see that you have stated that you have an AMD Radeon HD 6450.

This GPU is actually below the minimum specification for the software, in fact it's actually below the minimum specification for HitFilm 2 so I'm surprised it worked at all.

Sadly the software will continue to show errors when the minimum hardware specifications are not met. 

Thanks,
    Ady

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment