HitFilm 3 Pro crashes after hitting "new" button

edited January 2015 in Pro Support

We got a brand new computer so that we could run HITFILM3 PRO but it crashes when tryning to open a file. A window pops up sayingthat hitfilm got an error and that it has to exit. Runing windows 8.1 with nvidea GeForce GT 740M

Comments

• edited December 2014

The GPU seems to match the minimum specs, but mobile cards can have some issues. Anyways, this seems like you best raise a support ticket directly from here: http://hitfilm.com/questions/submit

Also, as they're going to ask you those, try to include as many specs as possible, like cpu, ram, os and gpu.

• edited January 2015

Same problem as above, but running Intel HD 4000 graphics card. Was excited, now annoyed. 

• @TylerGeeson The gpu was just a guess, it might as well be another issue. As said, best to raise a support ticket for cases like this, so the hitfilm guys can figure out whats going wrong.

• First and foremost make sure your drivers are up to date especially on nvidia cards with HF 3. There have been issues in this area. Just because it's a new PC doesn't mean the drivers are up to date. If this doesn't work then submit a ticket to support.

On the HD4000 PC I would still check drivers but also submit a support ticket giving all the details of your PC specs as @Robin said above.  It's vital the support guys have as much detail as possible to sort the problem for you.

HF3 should work on both these configurations. 

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff
    edited January 2015

So sorry to hear you guys are having issues.

Please do, as the others have stated, send us a support ticket so that we can fix this problem for you as soon as possible.

• The issue here is most likely the fact that your laptop has multiple GPU's & HitFilm is using the Intel HD GPU present when it should be using the stronger dedicated Nvidia card.

You can read about how to set-up your laptop with multiple GPU's in the link below:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings?

• @ KirstieT : I uploaded the Data as requested by Hitfilm... I dont have the Issue all the Time, just "sometimes"... do I need a Support Ticket anyway? Otherwise I would just wait for the next Update. FXHome is pretty fast with them...

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff
    edited January 2015

You could wait for the next update @Grisby but there isn't any guarantee that the new update will contain fixes to your issue - specifically if it's just the case that your multiple GPU's are set up incorrectly. 
    I would recommend that you send in a support ticket anyway. Can't hurt - and regardless of how often it happens - it would be better if it didn't happen at all :D

• Thanks for the Answer, KirtieT. :-)
    Ok. I'm working on a Laptoop (Acer Aspire 772G with i7-4702MQ 2,2GHz and the additional Grafikcard NVIDIA GeForc GTX 760M, 16GB DDR3 Memory. I will send that Information to a Ticket, perhaps it will help also others.
    Greetings,
    Chris :-)

• edited February 2015

Hi @KirstieT : You send me an answer the next Day, but I don't know, how to find that again. You told me to assign Hitfilm to the NVidia-Card and to update that Driver...

MANY Thanks, that fixed the Problem! :-)

Greetings,
    Chris :-)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment