Hitfilm Ultimate 2 and HF3Pro Can't export to youtube

edited December 2014 in Express Support

Is there an issue with youtube export in hitfilm 2 Ultimate? I have had the same credentials set in the software pretty much since it was released. I come to export to youtube today (last time was a year ago) and it's youtube is rejecting the login. I have tried retyping them. I've logged into youtube myself using the same credentials without an issue. Any ideas guys? I'm using windows 8.1. I have also tested my second youtube account with the same result.

Now tested in HF3pro and the same issue exists. 

help guys this is very frustrating. It worked fine last time, albeit a year ago. No password changes have talken place.

thanks guys

Comments

• I haven't had any problems with HF2U. Haven't tried in HF3P yet.

Did you submit a support ticket?

• Not yet because I wanted to try the guys here first in case they had any ideas. I since had an email from google saying they blocked access. In the email they talked about changing a security setting that was blocking access to less secure applications. I've done this but I can't test it until tonight when I get home. I suspect this might be the issues and has been defaulted to on since this time last year. 

I am however concerned that, if this is the problem I have to reduce security on my account just to use hitfilm to upload to hitfilm. I would prefer it if hitfilm was secure enough that it didnt need this setting, or at least they had an agreement with google not to have the software blocked. 

• It is the Google secure app requirement. I had this too. Reducing security should fix it, but I too would prefer a security upgrade to HFP3

• Yes @UdonRob I think it is. Just haven't tested it yet as I said. I agree though its not good that I have to lower security to make this work.

@SimonKJones Hi Simon, Is there some technical reason why Hitfilm has this requirement to lower security? In HF2 I can understand it as it seems to me this requirement has come to google after it was released, I'm more concerned that it isn't taken care of in HF3.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment