Can't enter text. Keyboard shortcuts used instead.

This is a rather odd bug, and doesn't seem to always be persistent. After making a text layer it's often impossible to type in any text without the corresponding shortcuts being used. The text layer in indeed selected, and the text tool is highlighted.

For example, typing "hello" would select the hand tool, followed by the  ellipse mask tool, then set the video out-point. Quite annoying to say the least.

The issue does not seem to arise unless the viewer is floating. In fact, floating windows/tabs in Hitfilm 3 seems to be something testers have completely overlooked considering the space bar doesn't even play/pause when the viewer is floating and unselected. [An issue I already reported in the forum not too long ago.]

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Aside from the few annoyances such as this, I'm super happy to have HitFilm 3 and I can't wait for future updates to correct things. Been a fan of FXhome since Vision Lab :)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 760
RAM: 8GB

Comments

• i have the same problem, Axel looking at my file , i hope i's gone get a solution...

• Hi @LittleshyFIM yes that's something that we discovered before release but that is prooving rather tricky to fix. Unfortunately it won't be fixed in the first update but I hope to be able to solve that very soon.

In the mean time, clicking on the viewer tab should give the correct focus (the tab itself, not the content, ie click on the "VIEWER" text).

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment