Thanks to tutorial makers

Ok, I maneged to make my first Hitfilm movie.
See the result on YouTube : http://youtu.be/AKTReMP1vXc
Not the words (I don’t know how to do that YET) but the red arrow. Don’t laugh at me, it took me hours to find out. An arrow.gif did not work so I made a green screen arrow in Photoschop. Difficulty nr 1. Composite shot, Color difference key and all that sort of fun.
Size it and turn it in Hitfilm, lesson nr 2
Then I had to have the arrow to follow the shoe, not on top of it but a bit away from it, difficulty nr 3
Between sec 15 and 16 you see where I have glued the two parts of the film together in another editing program . What Hitfilm exports does not seems to be the same as it imports. I’m working on it.
Anyway, my sincerely regards to al the tutorial makers. I would have never found out myself.
Karel

Comments

• If you are in Photoshop, then you could just make the arrow and save it as a .png, with no background, and save yourself the process of keying out the green. It'll just save the image with an alpha channel so its ready to go.
    I'm not quite clear on what caused the issue around the 15 second mark, but if you continue to have problems with whatever it is, feel free to post in the support forum and we can help you work it out.
    In general, the arrow works quite nicely though.
  • I've done the .png tip with something else I'm experimenting with. Thanks
  • Nice arrow, Dechonamé! If I could make something that simple I'd be happy. I guess I'll just have to agree with you and say:
    YES! THANKS TO THE FOLKS WHO SPEND TIME SHOWING US HOW TO DO THINGS!!!!
    [size="1"]Maybe one day it will all click and I'll be good to go.[/size] :))
  • Fun Movie... and made good. :-) THAT'S how to learn. ;-)
  • The arrow comes from the net. Don't tell any further.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment