Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Anybody seen it?

Comments

• I though it was terrible. ape was cute though :))
  • Seeing it Friday. Wasn't that interested in it at first, but word of mouth and reviews are making me see this.
  • Sorry guys, Rise Planet of the Apes was great and the Visual effects were some of the best done for the apes!!
  • I'm waiting for Return of the Revenge of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Once they get the title, right, I'll give it a watch.
  • edited August 2011
    Well, I just watched the remake of Planet of the Apes (2001) [I had resisted for a while] and I thought it really sucked. It sucked far more than my new vacuum could ever hope to do! Classics should never be re-done when they're perfect to begin with. I'm not saying you should reshoot the movie scene for scene but some basic elements of the story SHOULD remain. You want to update it, tweek the ape's make-up, fine but don't change the ENTIRE premise! And the "Bad hair day" line was just flat out STUPID! And shame on them for reworking Heston's most famous line with the ape saying it in reverse. BOOOOO!!!! There was no sense of mystery, the humans could talk and I can't believe they didn't even make a connection to earth. So where IS this planet and why are there humans and apes on it? Am I missing something? Good thing I watched it at home 'cause I kept yelling,"Boooo! Boooo!!!". I've said it before and I'll say it again- King Kong (2005) was the best remake ever and the only one I've ever liked.
    Axel- Wasn't the original with Ceasar called "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes"? I don't understand what they're doing with the timeline of the original story but so far it doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. Where's "Beneath" that lead to "Escape" that lead to "Conquest"? I'll wait for "Rise" to come out on pay-per-view 'cause I can't chance risking $7 to see garbage like the first remake.
    King Kong (2005) was the best remake ever and the only one I've ever liked. See- I told you I'd say it again. :))

• Well, I just watched the remake of Planet of the Apes (2001) [I had resisted for a while] and I thought it really sucked. It sucked far more than my new vacuum could ever hope to do! Classics should never be re-done when they're perfect to begin with. I'm not saying you should reshoot the movie scene for scene but some basic elements of the story SHOULD remain. You want to update it, tweek the ape's make-up, fine but don't change the ENTIRE premise! And the "Bad hair day" line was just flat out STUPID! And shame on them for reworking Heston's most famous line with the ape saying it in reverse. BOOOOO!!!! There was no sense of mystery, the humans could talk and I can't believe they didn't even make a connection to earth. So where IS this planet and why are there humans and apes on it? Am I missing something? Good thing I watched it at home 'cause I kept yelling,"Boooo! Boooo!!!". I've said it before and I'll say it again- King Kong (2005) was the best remake ever and the only one I've ever liked.
    Axel- Wasn't the original with Ceasar called "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes"? I don't understand what they're doing with the timeline of the original story but so far it doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. Where's "Beneath" that lead to "Escape" that lead to "Conquest"? I'll wait for "Rise" to come out on pay-per-view 'cause I can't chance risking $7 to see garbage like the first remake.
    King Kong (2005) was the best remake ever and the only one I've ever liked. See- I told you I'd say it again. :))

I really dont remember planet of the apes, I belive I was not born it, so while I grew up I remember seeing it and not likeing it, the 2001 movie did suck, but I did like this one....

• I'm waiting for Return of the Revenge of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Once they get the title, right, I'll give it a watch.

I'd like to see a sequel honoring the 1963 to 1978 series...
    Escaping the Battle Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
    I couldn't work Conquest in there. :))

• I'd like to see a sequel honoring the 1963 to 1978 series...
    Escaping the Battle Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
    I couldn't work Conquest in there. :))

Escaping the Battle Beneath the Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. ;)
  • The movie was pretty good; really enjoyed watching it. The character Caesar really made the film, and the motion capture of Andy Serkis was great. The only bad thing about the movie was its title, other than that it's a pretty solid movie. Looking forward to the sequel.
  • I saw it a couple of nights ago and really enjoyed it. The story was fine with me and the motion capture was really good.

• I saw it a couple of nights ago and really enjoyed it. The story was fine with me and the motion capture was really good.

Motion Capture? I'm not sure what they call it, but some human had some sensors on him and it played the main ape, then they added the ape fur and all that good stuff!! Saw a making of it!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment