Pixar to release FREE version of it's Renderman software!

Comments

• Woah that would have value! Its a shame pixar has lost their touch.  Every story used to be so meaningful and so enjoyable.  Now the plots are just getting worse.  I have hope for the movie where they take you in a persons mind... but just a hope.  
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I would not say Pixar lost it's touch so much as started getting studio interference from Disney. It's Disney forcing Pixar to do stupid sequels.
    That said, Monster's University was a waste. But Brave was a hell of a lot better than Frozen. Even a mediocre Pixar film is better than the crap Disney studios is doing.
  • John Lasseter is still the guy calling the shots on movies at both Disney and Pixar. Since the merger, all story ideas have to go through and be approved by Mr. Lasseter. I'd say that if anyone has lost his touch it'd be him.
    It's not just the movies they do make, but the false starts on the movies they don't make.
    Anyway, that's not to say I'm not excited about this new business model for Renderman. 
    Alec
  • That said, Monster's University was a waste. But Brave was a hell of a lot better than Frozen. Even a mediocre Pixar film is better than the crap Disney studios is doing.

I'm guessing you are not part of Frozen's target group!  ;) 
    All three of my girls love Frozen. The 2yo LOVES Elsa. That character has just connected with the little girls like I can hardly believe. (However, I am completely over having to 'Dance' to Let It Go over and over again!)
    Personally I found Brave disappointing. The big girls and I were hoping for a great Pixar movie and it just wasn't.
    Frozen surprised me... I enjoyed it more and was actually surprised by a couple of the twists, (Not THAT surprised :P , it is a kids show.)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment