PFhoe discount!

edited August 2011 in Everything Else
Sounds like a sweet deal. I'd be interested in grabbing it, the demo seems pretty neat but I can't export the camera tracking to know if it works. I've used voodoo, but for some reason it either makes 4 separate cameras that don't move,or one camera that moves then jitters for the last few seconds. I'm not sure what the problem is but I am yet to get a track to work in hitfilm. I don't want to spend $150 to find out I'm doin' it wrong.
Does anyone here successfully use pfhoe with hitfilm? and if so would they be willing to put up a guide to how to do a basic track/export to hitfilm? I mean I'm sure i can find a tute for pfhoe but one that links both would be good.

Comments

• Also to add to Uber's post, how is PFHoe? How good is it compared to some other trackers out there? For example, is it better than Voodoo? Usually those open source programs tend to be as good or better than the commercial ones. So just wondering. Thanks

• Does anyone here successfully use pfhoe with hitfilm? and if so would they be willing to put up a guide to how to do a basic track/export to hitfilm? I mean I'm sure i can find a tute for pfhoe but one that links both would be good.

I've used the non-Pro Pfhoe version successfully with Hitfilm. The only thing I needed to correct (and is not just with Hitfilm, also with AE) is the frame rate in the imported composition; my 23.976 footage was interpreted as 24p when importing the Pfhoe export into Hitfilm, so needed to change that back to 23.976. After that, no issues using it.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited August 2011
    While open source software can be great if it's being actively developed (see: Blender, GIMP, Open Office), it can also be very easily abandoned, which I believe is the case with Voodoo.
    Pixelfarm have some example exports here which you can use to test in HitFilm: http://www.pfhoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=197
    Quick random test:
    http://youtu.be/zYLdeFa-cHs
  • thanks simon! yeah seems to work nicely comparatively. I think I'll grab a copy next pay (thanks for the extension till end of august!)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment