Import and Edit After Effects Project File

If I purchase a customizable after effects video intro from videohive.net, can I import and edit it in HitFilm 2 Ultimate? Thanks for your help.   http://videohive.net/item/town-life-intro-promotion-tv-series-opener/5687562?WT.ac=solid_search_item&WT.seg_1=solid_search_item&WT.z_author=cyzer

Comments

• edited April 2014
    These look like videos that come with tracking data to make it easy to add your own text, but it's specific to to CS/After effects, so no, it wouldn't work with Hitfilm.
    Interesting idea for a product though.
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    These look like videos that come with tracking data to make it easy to add your own text, but it's specific to to CS/After effects, so no, it wouldn't work with Hitfilm.
    Interesting idea for a product though.

Yeah, you can't edit AE Projects in hitfilm....
    rgbii--there are many many companies that sell AE (and Vegas and Final Cut, etc) templates for users. You can also find a lot of free templates in stock library sites.... Videoblocks, for example, has thousands of AE templates.
    I have a couple of the Digital Juice sets for Vegas that I bought to dissect and see how they were built... Turns out Digital Juice prerenders everything but text and you just get a layered, composited file. Brute-force creation, no elegance... (Why would you provide me with a prerendered element of a lens flare? Why not just... animate a built-in lens flare, and take 10 MB of the file size?)

• Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it!
  • Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    Although... With the just-announced Hitfilm plug-in for AE..!
  • Thanks, I'll look into it. Will that allow me to change the text in the video? Also, Could I import the AE file into Adobe Premiere Elements 11? Even though I've had hitfilm for awhile I've never used it yet. Just a beginner.

Sign in to comment