Install problem

I'm getting an error message on the new free HitFilms Express install:
"Another installation is in progress, please complete before continuing with this one"
I have no other install going on so I'm wondering what's wrong?
I've cleared the cache, rebooted, etc.
Thanks for any and all help :)

Comments

• I'm getting an error message on the new free HitFilms Express install:
    "Another installation is in progress, please complete before continuing with this one"
    I have no other install going on so I'm wondering what's wrong?
    I've cleared the cache, rebooted, etc.
    Thanks for any and all help :)

Hi,
    What was the last thing you installed? Sounds like it hasn't completed correctly & is still lingering around, unfortunately there isn't much more we can suggest as this appears to be a something unique to your machine.
    Thanks,
    Ady

• The last thing I installed was Sony Movie Studio, that was weeks ago and it's working fine.
    thanks for your reply!
  • The last thing I installed was Sony Movie Studio, that was weeks ago and it's working fine.
    thanks for your reply!

Right click of your Taskbar at the bottom of the screen, Launch Task Manager, Check the option to "Show processes from all users" and check another instance of Setup.exe or Installer or msiexec.exe already running on the machine. If yes, then End that process and then try to install HitFilm Express again.
    Sometimes, this error is also seen when Windows is installing the updates silently without we knowing about it, or if there is some updates getting installed for some other application installed on your machine?

• edited January 2014

Right click of your Taskbar at the bottom of the screen, Launch Task Manager, Check the option to "Show processes from all users" and check another instance of Setup.exe or Installer or msiexec.exe already running on the machine. If yes, then End that process and then try to install HitFilm Express again.
    Sometimes, this error is also seen when Windows is installing the updates silently without we knowing about it, or if there is some updates getting installed for some other application installed on your machine?

That's it .. I found three msiexec.exe in the task manager, closed them all and HitFilms installed perfectly.
    Thanks you!

• That's it .. I found three msiexec.exe in the task manager, closed them all and HitFilms installed perfectly.
    Thanks you!

Glad it worked out for you!
    You're welcome!

• Install probem, can anyone help?
    "Could not write value to key software\classes\.hfp.
    verify you have sufficient access to that key"
  • Install probem, can anyone help?
    "Could not write value to key software\classes\.hfp.
    verify you have sufficient access to that key"

Hi,
    That is not an error message from HitFilm, that is one from Windows. It would appear you do not have sufficient privileges to write to the location requested, are you running the installer as an admin?
    You may want to also try running Windows Update & installing any Required / Optional Updates (not the language ones) for your system.
    Thanks,
    Ady

• edited February 2014
    At first sorry for my English. ^^ I Have a familiar Problem I´m able to install it but I cant start a new Project , and i saw a lot of new Posts like that. (is it a Problem of the Free-keys?)
    I even can´t open the Options Menu. I got the same Answer (I have to send my name and my E-mail (why? I have an Account on it))
    that´s my RIG: (everything is Up-to-date)
    Windows 7 Prof. 64
    AMD FX-8150
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 ()
    8,00GB RAM
    ZoneAlarm
    Avast!
  •  Hei, I have a problem with Hitfilm4 pro installation. Installation was completly finish but still I can't find any plugins and application that Mocha, BorisFX, DirectX than Hitfilm4 pro.

• Hello,

I am having problem while installing Hitfilm 3 express. when I double click installation and then Run, the message shows that "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists or you can access it, or that it is a valid window installer package."

pls help me through this.

Regards

Bilal Nisar

• @BilalNisar Please run all Windows updates and try again.

• edited October 3

I've gotten to the part where it's "Installing HitFilm Express 2017" and it gets about 2/3 of the way through when a window pops up saying.

An Installation for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistrabutible - x86 9.0.30729 is currently susplended. You must undo the changes made by that installation to continue. Do you want to undo those changes?

Then I click "Yes" and it just asks again till I click "No" and it says "Setup Wizard was Interupted" click "Finish" to exit Setup Wizard. I was thinking that clicking "Yes" would let it do what it wanted but it just asks again and I don't know how to fix it.

Sign in to comment