Hi I have a small but fast SSD that I use for my system, 110 GBs. Your program is the first real video editor I have installed. But I have read that when processing files they can use a lot of space on your disk drive. As my small system drive C was already about a third used up what with windows 10 and all it's updates, I decided to install with the custom settings to my big but slower D drive which has 4 TBs of space on it I thought it was setup right with lots of room for any thing it would need but it turned out I was wrong as I found out on my first simple project. Being that I had no ideal what I was doing I decided to join a movie that had been split into. so I had two mp4 file sizes 804.5 MBs and 666.5 MBs. I got them on the Time line and went to export them as one file. I did not want to change the resolution but none of the mp4 presets were even close to the resolution of 640 x 290 of this film. I did see that some of the presets take the resolution from the source file, but not the mp4 ones. I ended up using the you tube 1080 P preset, My thinking was if its setup for uploading to you tube I would end up with a fairly small file. Nope
My first clue that something was wrong was when it gave a time of two hours to output the file. I think I compounded the error by stopping and restarting the output twice trying to see if I had a setting wrong. I finally said the heck with it and let it run the third time.
My second clue that something was wrong was when windows 10 told me I was running out of disk space. So I paused the output again fire up fire explorer and check to see how much free space is left on disk D, thats where I installed your program to, thats what it should be using! There was still 3.5Tbs of free disk space on D.
I then checked my C drive, zero free space! Like what the heck, I used your custom setting to set up your program to use my D drive, and it is using my C drive! I did recover, emptied the cache in settings. Emptied the recycle bin, did disk cleanup, that got my free space back. I restarted your program and was able to get a output file of 13783Mbs on the you tube 1080P preset, and it did take about two hours.
Yea I think. Then, as I now had one file I used XMedia Recode to change the resolution back to 640 x 290 and compress it down to a file size of 1447.8 MBs. I learned my lesson don't use your editor to join two files. So I am still looking for a good free program that can join two mp4 files.
I think before I use your program again I need to find all the directories it is using on the C drive and move them to the D drive hopefully it will not be a pain in the ass to do that.