HitFilm Pro 6.2 & Ignite Pro 2.1 update has been released!

True to our word, we are dedicating ourselves to a fast, iterative schedule of updates to ensure that our Pro users always have the latest technology at their fingertips. 

When you buy Pro, you get 12 months of updates included in the price - and you get to keep your latest version after your 12 months ends. We were fed up of waiting until release periods to share features that we were excited about. This way, you get software which is constantly improving for a whole year after you activate!

You'll automatically be prompted to update when you fire up either Pro software - this one concentrates mostly on bug fixes, but we're almost done on some really exciting features for the next update, due to come out very soon!

Take a look at the HitFilm Pro update history timeline for more information about update 6.2: http://hitfilm.com/hitfilm-pro/whats-new/ and Ignite Pro for update 2.1: http://hitfilm.com/ignite-pro/whats-new/

Let us know what you think!

Comments

• Wow, first of all: Long list, so lot of work, so thanks to all of you for doing this. Personally I do heavy rely on two things on the bug list: Correct tracker since I use it often and update of multiple view. I own 6.1 since 2 month now but didn't use it much because of the tracker problem. Since I cannot open projects with pro 2017 when saved with pro 6.1 I stayed with pro 2017 with my projects. 

So if that is solved as announced in the fix list you can tell your folks over there: One person will be VERY happy and thankful. 

Keep on the good work!

•  @KirstieT ; I know a lot of people have been waiting for an essential feature for Hitfilm....the ability to lock their layers.   I sure hope that feature gets released this year. 

• Thumbs up! 16bit fix cured the crashes while in 2 views, curves reset working properly, Ram preview working properly.

• Bzzz, Bzzz, Bzzz. Busy bees.

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator
    edited February 2

@KirstieT ; Hmmmm...... BTW, I fired off HF on my work machine, which is Win 10, and was able to download from the little requester that pops  up from the splash screen and install no problem.

This evening trying to install from my Win 7 box at home I was delighted to get the BSOD just when the little requester from the splash screen started to appear. (1st BSOD I've ever had on this system)  It happened twice.

Had to download from this link instead: https://hitfilm.com/software-install/hitfilm-pro?installers[]=HitFilmPro_x64_6.2.7325.10802.msi&installers[]=HitFilmPro_6.2.1558.pkg

I was then able to download and install with no issues after that. 

Something looks to be fubared with the requester box.

• @Andersen01498 ;Layer locking is already on the wish list numerous times, so there's no need to remind them of it again...and again...and again... ;)

• @jsbarrett thank you for taming down the beast....it need a chill pill 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Big list. Thanks to the team. Lotta hard work there. 

• @jsbarrett @Andersen01498 It never hurts to keep asking. ;)

@Stargazer54 Thanks for reporting this, we'll investigate.

•  Is there supposed to be a little pop-up box when you launch Hitfilm to indicate when an update like this is released? If so, I haven't gotten one...

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@ZachAlan_Productions there should be, but sometimes it "misses."

You can manually grab the update installer from the change log pages Kirstie linked to, and you can always find the most recent installer for all your software on your Account page on this site. 

• Whoa, lots of super cool stuff. I drool during every update. 

• Thanks guys - some great feedback there! Hold onto your hats though, because there will be some features coming out soon which we are very excited about :)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment