If I have HitFilm Pro do I need Mocha Pro?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but if I were to purchase Mocha Pro would I get functionality I don't already have - or is everything already built into HitFilm Pro 6 (like Ignite Pro)?

Comments

• You would get the additional modules: Remove, Insert, Stabilize, and Lens, which are not in the default Mocha HitFilm.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

The stabilization in Mocha is a different type than that in Hitfilm and can often give better results. It's also adjustable if you wanted to "half stabilize."

The Insert Module in Mocha can be useful for attaching graphic elements to tracked planes, but this isn't as powerful as what can be done in Hitfilm, but, for a still graphic element can be a lot faster. 

The Remove module is a jewel. With this one can remove wires, objects or even people from existing video! Depending on the video this might be all-mocha or require an assist from a photo editor. This (for me) is the coolest feature in Mocha Pro. 

The Lens Module is more advanced than the lens correction filter in Hitfilm. It can take a while to solve the lens, but, once you do you can save a correction map for reuse. 

• edited January 30

@Triem23: You said The Insert Module in Mocha can be useful for attaching graphic elements to tracked planes, but this isn't as powerful as what can be done in Hitfilm, but, for a still graphic element can be a lot faster. 

I used matchmove with Vegas to insert stills or videos and I think that can be done the same way in Hitfilm - never tried it. But how do you add for e.g. a still or video to a changing structure (lets say on a flag in the wind) in Hitfilm? As what I understand inside Hitfilm it depends on a rectangle, even when using quad distortion (or whatever that is called, can't remember). But I haven't found a way to do inserts on a distorted place like the example above or a flattering newspaper e.g.

As what I understand so far is that this is the power of the insert module in mocha.

Would like to know how you do it with hitfilm without that.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment