How to make text react to music

Hello, this is my first post in the Hitfilm Forums, so sorry if this was posted in the wrong category!

So for example I purchase the Audio-visual pack from the Hitfilm Express store. I know you can make visualizers and all that stuff, but can you make a custom layer react to music? For example can you make text or a picture react to the beat and move around or is it not possible?

Thank you 
-William

Comments

• Oh, I though you were going to tell us you'd found a way.

Short answer: not really.

• Interesting idea, what about using the audio visualizer to build some sort of beat that looked like the movement you were after then using the 2d tracking track some of the beats, and use the data in a new point that  you could attach the txt to? Once u have the track data u can remove the audio visualizer effect.

?

• That's actually what I did and its not pretty or easy to do or explain. Hence: Not really. :)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Atomic Particles does give you a few options, but Atomic is so unpredictable you basically have to drill down and learn it. Can't really talk it through. But there are tutorials on the official Hitfilm channel. 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment